“But there aren’t any calories in sour cream.”

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    rosiorama wrote: »
    I once briefly worked with a group of women who were obsessed with various fad diets. Apparently the entire office had been cycling through all of them since the mid 90s (this was in 2013). I tried to block out most things they said about nutrition but a few gems stuck in my head.

One lady claimed that you can eat anything once a week because your body forgets what that food is and takes more calories to process it.

Second coworker tried to tell me my boyfriend (now husband) couldn't be vegetarian (pescetarian but she said veg) because he was muscular and rode his bike a lot. She said he had to be "sneaking bacon" and I thought it was a mildly offensive joke but no. She thought he was eating meat secretly.

I WISH my body would forget! Lol

Regarding secret meat eating: On a week-end visit to Home Depot several years ago, my husband and I came across the husband of a friend of mine who was chowing down on a Big Mac meal with a giant soda in the parking lot. He looked super guilty and asked us not to tell his wife!

The wife makes lots of hippy-ish health food that are gluten free, fermented, very low sugar, and new-agey. When our group of friends have potlucks, her husband and two kids go overboard eating the sugary, gluten-ey cakes and breads and other things that she doesn’t make at home. They do this in front of their mom/wife, who gets frustrated. I imagine she’d be super disappointed by his secret MacDonalds meals, but there are worse things to keep secret I suppose.

Not accusing your husband of similar, it’s just a funny story.

Too on-point not to share here, even though it's so old there's no live video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_4yfQyWH4Y
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I'm always amused when people are trying to lose weight and they look at their MFP calorie goal and go "it wants me to eat how many calories?? I could never do that". It's like "well ya used to eat more because that's how we got here in the first place".

QFT.