Bad Sweet Tooth

Options
Any tips to curb or something to help replace the ice cream..cookie..cakes.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    rosiorama wrote: »
    Just have less of it?

This.. as long you don't go over your daily calories.
  • DarkNightBrightDays
    DarkNightBrightDays Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I have a massive sweet tooth, I used to eat banana pancakes and Aunt Jemima's Butter Lite Syrup now I've moved onto Oikos Triple Zero yogurts which are pretty tasty and there are loads of flavors. If I need a small sweet hit I have a hard candy so it will last for a few minutes.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I agree with just having a bit less... I keep mini chocolate bars in my closet (I have thieving kids haha) for chocolate cravings I have one for 65 calories. I never feel deprived but don't go crazy. It's a win/win. Also try things like yogurt or fruit for your sweet fix... I personally love greek yogurt with a little mini choc chips.... So many option really. Keep experimenting and remember all things in moderation :) You've got this!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I find that once I cut it out of my diet I crave alot less of it. Now I will just have some fruit if I feel like I want some sugar.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    When I quit refined sugar and processed foods my cravings disappeared. What sugar I do get is from fruits and vegetables, and I choose those accordingly. I sometimes think of indulging, but I also sometimes think of weighing 320 pounds, again. Sugar is my ticket back, on the express train.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Either eat it in smaller portions/in a way that fits within your calorie parameters, or find lower calorie substitutes for the things that you're eating. There's lower calorie ice cream options (Halo Top etc) etc.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    fresh berries and/or peanut butter always does the trick for me
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate, I measure out an ounce of semi-sweet chocolate chips and eat them one at a time.
  • RWarren31
    RWarren31 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I too have a sweet tooth, I have found I really like Dannon vanilla Greek yogurt over blueberries. It tastes very sweet and creamy. Sometimes I’ll put a tad of slivered almonds or walnuts on top.
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am not someone who is able to eat a little chocolate and then carry on with my day unless i'm in the right frame of mind! I like to have some low cal chocolate mousse in the fridge, or the low calorie jelly. The jelly especially satisfies my sweet tooth!
  • corrarjo
    Options
    My goal is to eat when I'm hungry, not this:

verb (used with object), craved, crav·ing.
    • to long for; want greatly; desire eagerly:
      • to crave sweets; to crave affection.
    • to require; need:
      • a problem craving prompt attention.
      • to ask earnestly for (something); beg for.
      • to ask (a person) earnestly for something or to do something.
    verb (used without object), craved, crav·ing.
    • to beg or plead (usually followed by for ).

Food has been controlling me all my life. Not anymore.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have to go cold turkey. TOM I get massive sugary cravings so I allowed myself a reece's cup pack and, in a surprise to me, I found it was just the right amount. Took the edge off my craving for that day. Unfortunately, I did spend the next few days continuing to crave but I put that down to having the extra sugar in my system rather than hormones.
  • RachelM2130
    RachelM2130 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sweet tooth is hard to control. But it’s all about will power. Everything in moderation. That’s what I think 🤔
  • corrarjo
    Options
    It takes willpower to quit smoking. It takes willpower to quit drugs. It takes willpower to quit drinking. It takes willpower to quite snacking. Is this a coincidence?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    corrarjo wrote: »
    It takes willpower to quit smoking. It takes willpower to quit drugs. It takes willpower to quit drinking. It takes willpower to quite snacking. Is this a coincidence?

Will choose snacks any day... At least snack wont kill ya. 😉
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Have you've tried doing Popsicle with BCCA's? They are super sweet and tasty with super low calories specially now for the hot summer months oh yeah! Also they help recover sore muscles so its a win win!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    corrarjo wrote: »

I'm not sure I understand your point. It takes willpower not to take the bait when my dad tries to start a political argument. It takes willpower to tell Netflix "No, I don't want to watch the next episode" and go to bed at a reasonable hour. It takes willpower to not give the finger to the car that just cut me off. It takes willpower to not order a bunch of outfits and makeup off Amazon and save money instead.

amklehman wrote: »
    Any tips to curb or something to help replace the ice cream..cookie..cakes.

I have three possible strategies, and it's really individual which one will work best, in fact you might use different strategies for different foods!
    1. Try to moderate those foods. If you are able to fit reasonable portions of these treats into your calorie goal, without them pushing out nutritious food you need, there's nothing wrong with having them. I find weighing out a serving, putting the package away, pre-logging it in my diary, and then eating it helps. Also try buying single serve packages.
    2. Use low cal substitutes or substitute foods you are not likely to overeat. You've gotten several great suggestions on this one!
    3. Just don't have them around and refuse them if offered. Some people have a tough time moderating and do better just pretending trigger foods don't exist. And for most of us, while we moderate some things, there are other foods that we're just better off abstaining from entirely.

Good luck :drinker: