Options
2»

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    A tub of b&j is around 1200 cals just on its own :open_mouth:

Depending on the size of the tub, they have small tubs too and OP doesn't mention whether they are eating a whole tub.

It's b&j ain't nobody having one of those tiny tubs its like 2 spoons full a tub is a serving right? 😂 I have one in my fridge for the weekend 😍
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't think a cheat meal or day is relevant to counting calories. It is more relevant to people on restrictive diets. I think you would be better served to find a reasonable calorie deficit and stick to it 7 days a week until you get to your goal weight. You will have much better success there and develop long term habits that will serve your health.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    sounds like your cheat day is consisting of so many calories that you are erasing your deficit for the week in 24 hours.

Yes, this. Even if it isn't completely erasing the deficit, as you lose more there will come a time where it will. You should log your cheat day calories to see if you are even still in a deficit and by how much.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,140 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    sounds like your cheat day is consisting of so many calories that you are erasing your deficit for the week in 24 hours.

Yes, this. Even if it isn't completely erasing the deficit, as you lose more there will come a time where it will. You should log your cheat day calories to see if you are even still in a deficit and by how much.

Not necessarily! That all depends on the persons stats and activity. Even when I reach my goal weight, my TDEE without any purposeful exercise will be around 2200 calories, I could quite easily fit Ice Cream and Burger & Fries into my week. If it was an active day that would have me at around 2800-3000.

It's the deficit over the long term that matters, not the day and if as OP says she has lost 7lbs on top of initial water weight in a month, then she is losing exactly as expected and there is really no need to adjust anything except her expectations.

• corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    When I quit refined sugar and processed foods my cravings disappeared. What sugar I do get is from fruits and vegetables, and I choose those accordingly. I sometimes think of indulging, but I also sometimes think of weighing 320 pounds, again. Sugar is my ticket back, on the express train.