Not losing weight...

Options
I don’t seem to be losing any weight even though I am sticking to the calorie recommendation by my fitness pal.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it?
  • diana4260
    diana4260 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me neither. I weigh,count and measure everything I eat and drink but not getting anywhere with my weight loss. I have upped my exercise and my water intake too. Everyday when I submit my diary it tells me how much I will lose if I continue like this for 5 weeks. Not sure how that works as the weight is just simply staying where it is.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Jerziiiii wrote: »
    I don’t seem to be losing any weight even though I am sticking to the calorie recommendation by my fitness pal.

Without any furthur details being given, the only thing I can say is that your answer is most likely in this chart somewhere:

f4f2uw4ng8xi.jpg
  • Jerziiiii
    Jerziiiii Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks all. I changed settings and made my food diary public. My weight fluctuates, I’m up a pound one day and down a pound the next. I have been using the app diary consistently and accurately for over 3 weeks. I am not currently exercising. Thanks again!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale. Weigh everything.

Check out this thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    Options
    Also start using a weight trend application and consider your weight trend number to be your actual weight. With hormonal water weight retention having to be taken into account, you may need to collect four to six week of data before you can determine your underlying weight level.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    rsj7799 wrote: »
    I looked at your diary and I think you need to get a digital food scale, and try and find more accurate entries for your food items. Look for ones in grams. You can google the item and add "calories" to the search to get an idea if you see widely different entries.
    "Eyeballing" servings of peanut butter can only lead to sorrow.
    Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. El cheapo digital food scale will make your life so much easier. Well worth the 10 to 20 dollar investment.

Definitely this. I was on and off here (or Calorie Count) for a couple of years before started reading community posts about this and thought maybe that was my issue. Turns out it was! I was eating more than I thought.

• Jerziiiii
    Jerziiiii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I try to use the UPC code on prepackaged food or look up the food by Brand name if possible. The food scale is a great idea and something I never considered. Thanks again!