P90X

Options
Hi everyone,

My bf and i just got the P90X excercise dvds and we're starting them tonight after work. I'm so excited! It looks soooo hard, but seems like you really get results. Does anyone know how many calories you burn in a P90X session? I'm not sure how to log it on here.

Thanks!

Replies

• stizzef
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My bf and i just got the P90X excercise dvds and we're starting them tonight after work. I'm so excited! It looks soooo hard, but seems like you really get results. Does anyone know how many calories you burn in a P90X session? I'm not sure how to log it on here.

Thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!

We have a P90X thread going if you want to join in! I have a HRM now which I use to track my calories, but you can input it in different ways here at MFP. High impact aerobic is a good way to describe Plyo, there is a Yoga that you can use for YogaX, under cardio there is a strength training option that you can use, etc.

Good luck and get ready to BRING IT! :bigsmile: Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • stizzef
    Options
    Thanks - where can i find the P90X thread?
    :smile:
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's almost full anyway, we could use a new one :)

I just started Phase II this week. I burn between 400 and 700 calories depending on the video. The highest is Plyo, the lowest is (ironically) Cardio.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I was going to start a new thread too for newbies to P90X. We just ordered it, hoping to get it by the end of the week and start it on Monday. My biggest question is whether or not I'll be able to keep up my running while doing it. I usually do about 3-4 nights a week logging about 4-5 miles a run.

Will my husband and I be able to do this at the same time? We have the bowflex weight sets, maybe we'll need another set of free weights.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just started a new thread... so if you want to join in please do and ask away!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42309-p90x-starting-a-new-thread