Hungry hungry

Options
Hi! I‘m a few weeks in and doing pretty good but yesterday and today I‘ve been really hungry. What do you do if you ever feel like that?

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water with & in-between meals
  • anne_4889
    anne_4889 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering about my water. Do you really notice if that affects your hunger?
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    anne_4889 wrote: »
    I was also wondering about my water. Do you really notice if that affects your hunger?

For me it helps quite often people mistake hunger for thirst so if I feel "hungry" I drink a big glass of water (2 pint glass) and it helps also hot beverages help so you have the feeling of something warm in your stomach
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    anne_4889 wrote: »

The only time it helps me is if I'm not really hungry, and I find a flavored drink like tea or adding Mio additionally helps with that need to just taste something. Sugarless gum can do that too.

Are you sure you're eating enough? How many lbs a week are you trying to lose, and how much total weight? If your goals are too aggressive, consistent hunger will be a clue to that.

Most people find some combo of protein, fat, and fiber helps satiety. So see if you are low in any of those and bringing up the stragglers may help.

If you are just starting out and drastically changed your diet, it may take your system a little time to get used to it. You can try to ease your way in with smaller changes over a couple of weeks rather than a big change all at once.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Are you really hungry or is it more of a "I just want to eat" type of thing? If it's the just wanting to eat thing, I get myself out of the vicinity of food by either leaving the house or taking a nap. If you are truly hungry, try bulking up your meals with lots of veggies.