Rate my plate

karld70
karld70 Posts: 46 Member
I thought it might be fun to show our meals with pride based on content, look, high nutritional content etc. I'll start us off with last night's tea. It was inside of my calorie count and this is what happens when I get hungry 😁

Replies

• allisontaylor84
    allisontaylor84 Posts: 7 Member
    Wow! That all looks good!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    I'm rather happy with last night's dinner party. Cambodian corn done in the air fryer to start. Air fried wings and drumsticks tossed in Vietnamese merchandising water, a caramel and fish sauce popular with street food vendors. A side of Vietnamese roast aubergine salad and sticky rice. Dessert was chocolate sorbet (no dairy) with raspberries.

By Vietnamese merchandising water, do you mean nuoc mau?
  • chrissilva2625
    chrissilva2625 Posts: 10 Member
    h0na1bzdz615.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,600 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    I'm rather happy with last night's dinner party. Cambodian corn done in the air fryer to start. Air fried wings and drumsticks tossed in Vietnamese merchandising water, a caramel and fish sauce popular with street food vendors. A side of Vietnamese roast aubergine salad and sticky rice. Dessert was chocolate sorbet (no dairy) with raspberries.

I think in the north, nuoc mau is known as nuoc tang which I read translates to merchandising water, with a reference to street vendors. I used the caramel/fish sauce in step 3 of this recipe but doubling the caramel to fish sauce ratio because hubby complained last time that he found it too funky.

https://thefoodist.uk/2014/12/16/fish-sauce-chicken-wings/
  • acpgee
    Sorry. Nuoc hang.
  • aokoye

I think in the north, nuoc mau is known as nuoc tang which I read translates to merchandising water, with a reference to street vendors. I used the caramel/fish sauce in step 3 of this recipe but doubling the caramel to fish sauce ratio because hubby complained last time that he found it too funky.

Sorry. Nuoc hang.
    Awsome, save for your husband protesting the ratio of sugar to fish sauce ;) I love Vietnamese style chicken wings. I've only made them a few times, but there's a restaurant that now has a location very close to my house that makes them. Thankfully for wallet and the effort it would take to finagle them into my calorie allotment, their parking lot is beyond difficult to get into and out of.
  • acpgee

Sorry. Nuoc hang.
    Awsome, save for your husband protesting the ratio of sugar to fish sauce ;) I love Vietnamese style chicken wings. I've only made them a few times, but there's a restaurant that now has a location very close to my house that makes them. Thankfully for wallet and the effort it would take to finagle them into my calorie allotment, their parking lot is beyond difficult to get into and out of.

Have you tried the Pok Pok wings recipe? I feel like I should try that too. Will use the air fryer instead of the deep fryer though.

https://thetakeout.com/recreate-pok-poks-cult-status-vietnamese-chicken-wings-1823025420
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    These all look good to me!
  • aokoye

Sorry. Nuoc hang.

Have you tried the Pok Pok wings recipe? I feel like I should try that too. Will use the air fryer instead of the deep fryer though.

https://thetakeout.com/recreate-pok-poks-cult-status-vietnamese-chicken-wings-1823025420

That's the one I've tried - it's really good. Their newest wing restaurant is the one that's very close to my house.
  • acpgee
    Last night's easy dinner party menu. Bagna cauda, linguine carbonara stretched with spiralized courgette, dutch bitterkoekjes made with leftover egg white generated by carbonara to dip in amaretto.
    v2dm5srigxrz.jpeg
    9tydrykzaxdx.jpeg
    j388jnkjufd1.jpeg