60 pounds gone forever!

Options
Anclote
Anclote Posts: 43 Member
edited March 2019 in Success Stories
Here I am in 2010, about 200 pounds and very unhappy. In these pictures you can see I am pretty active; I love backpacking and traveling; but my diet was terrible and I drank too much beer:
rblm00euriye.jpg

That's me in the nerdy shirt and the green shorts with my sister:
z1gd7jhuncki.jpg

And here I am on the left with my other sister on the right:
gzddwk3dl8j1.jpg

By making little changes to my activity (heavier weights in the gym, started following actual weights plans & started jogging 4 days a week) and a BIG change to my diet (cut out animal products completely except for occasional fish and dairy, lots more veggies, and beer in moderation), I have lost more than 60 lbs and started to see some muscle tone in my arms, abs, and legs. As a result of running, I have quit smoking and started other sports I now love like rock climbing and yoga.

Here I am today:
q7z870c31wef.jpgvx2i7d35y01c.jpg
k4r1fki7s5r7.jpg
4y7sigbr0otq.jpg
4m9t0zd20v9e.jpg
tmcr638bcfpi.jpg
iyffdlehy41a.jpg

When I first started running, I could only go for like 30 seconds and then had to walk. But I just kept doing it. Eventually I could go a whole mile. Then two. Now I can run 20 if I want to.

Running was the secret to everything. It helped me quit smoking, it elevates my mood so I don't get discouraged, and after a good run you don't want to eat cookies. You want real food. Naturally. Run, people. Run. And don't be afraid to lift weights, look up a basic weights program and download it from bodybuilding.com. SQUAT and LUNGE.

I am 5'4". At my heaviest I was about 200 lbs, and now I am pretty much plateaued at 140 lbs. I would be happy if I didn't lose another pound. It has taken me about 2 years all told. I have kept the weight off for about seven years. Long process if you do it right. But it has been so rewarding, and hard, but in a good way that I have loved. And yes, it gets easier.

I have never been happier with my body, and actually enjoy running now! Too bad I still love craft beer more than anything...

You can do it guys!

Feel free to follow me to peek at my diary and exercise, although I'm 23 weeks pregnant currently so it won't look exactly how it normally does :D

xo
-Anclote

Replies

• GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! Great work!
  • Kgal0913
    Kgal0913 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, so inspiring! You look fantastic!
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow you look incredible! So inspiring, thank you for the post.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are living your best life! So proud congrats!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    This is great! So happy for you!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, great work! And congratulations!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow, and you look 15 years younger in the last pics compared to the first. I hope I have that kind of success!
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite transformations here B) Your situation seems pretty relatable to mine so I find your commitment and success inspiring. 7 years is outstanding. I would like to start weights again soon. It’s amazing the difference it makes. I’m only a couple inches shorter and 138 and feel like I have a ways to go to get a flat stomach like yours at 140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!