Using MFP Again...This Time Trying Message Boards?

Options
athran13
athran13 Posts: 30 Member
Hello. To introduce myself, I'm just an average, 41yo, guy in Ohio. I've had the MFP account/app since 2010? I've used it only lightly, off and on over the years (seriously for awhile in 2015). Well, last year I was told by Dr that my triglycerides, cholesterol, & blood pressure were all a little high. Rather than go on meds, I decided to try to really buckle down and make changes to my life (hopefully life-long ones). I also would like to fit into some old clothes of mine I liked and be less self-conscious taking shirt off (swimming and what not). I started this year counting calories with MFP and working out at end of January. I've lost ~14lbs thus far. Hoping to lose ~35lbs more. This time I'm trying to use the Message Boards too...see if they help?

Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you like!

Replies

• zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums :)
  • lamentableone
    lamentableone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for awhile, off and on, and I'm just now venturing into the forums also. Seems like a decent place to make some new friends, for sure.
  • athran13
    athran13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums :)

Thanks!
    I've been on MFP for awhile, off and on, and I'm just now venturing into the forums also. Seems like a decent place to make some new friends, for sure.

We'll see. Hoping for the best.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,479 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off of MFP since 09....I am tired of being a yo-yo lol so I am on a mission to lose this weight and keep it off for good....Feel free to add me I would love to be a cheerleader on your journey :)
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    athran13 wrote: »
    Hello. To introduce myself, I'm just an average, 41yo, guy in Ohio. I've had the MFP account/app since 2010? I've used it only lightly, off and on over the years (seriously for awhile in 2015). Well, last year I was told by Dr that my triglycerides, cholesterol, & blood pressure were all a little high. Rather than go on meds, I decided to try to really buckle down and make changes to my life (hopefully life-long ones). I also would like to fit into some old clothes of mine I liked and be less self-conscious taking shirt off (swimming and what not). I started this year counting calories with MFP and working out at end of January. I've lost ~14lbs thus far. Hoping to lose ~35lbs more. This time I'm trying to use the Message Boards too...see if they help?

Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you like!

Welcome. This place is definitely good for some advice, laughs, general voyeurism, and a realistic look at how bad one is at writing on a phone. Also, people around the world supporting each other is kind of a cool concept.

So, step in the right direction.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Welcome and keep at it! Awesome job so far. You might find some challenges here on the forums that would keep you motivated along the way (just in case). Also, very knowledgeable people when it comes to weight lifting, fitness or nutrition.

I'm old fashioned :D, so I would expect an invite. But so far, I am still happy to add new friends. :smile:
  • Nfedewa9442
    Nfedewa9442 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had the same thoughts. Tried a few apps and did this one for awhile before venturing here. Seems to be a good way to get some laughs and motivation.