would love some advice:)

Options
i have logged absolutly everything i have eaten and all my exercise the last week and possibly more im wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look and see if i could improve. any advice would be great thanks in advance

anna

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You are way under your calories on all of the days I looked at, and it just isn't necessary to starve yourself to lose weight.
    I suggest keep eating the kind of food you are eating, just more of it! Don't be afraid to eat all of the calories MFP has allocated to you - remember that your body needs good nutrtition to stay healthy, and even more so when you are exercising.
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You should never eat LESS THAN 1200 cals a day - any less will actually slow your metabolism down, and stop you losing weight !!!!
  • akgary
    akgary Posts: 52
    Options
    thank you for your input i was thinking i wasnt eating enough i really get nervous eating and think its going to really mess me up and ruin all my exercise but my scale really isnt moving much im kinda at a stand still and im thinking its cuz im not eating the exercise calories. i appreciate it
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would say the same, you aren't eating enough. Don't be afraid to eat all your calories as you will be undernourished and will burn away your lean muscle if your body hasn't got enough calories to burn when you work out.

I'd try to add more carbs like wholemeal bread, pasta and brown rice and more healthy fats such as nuts and olive oil.

Eat more and enjoy! x
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Please eat a little more! At least 1200 per day minimum and on days you exercise eat some if not all of your exercise calories back. Your poor body is running on empty wondering when it's going to get fed again and hanging on to fat stores for dear life.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Your being so honest with your logging, but how honest are your goals? I had my goals off a bit and when i readjusted them they told me to eat more calories and low and behold thats what kicked me off that standstill. And hows your water intake? I noticed when i drink 12 glasses daily is when i am losing the most.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Another "you are not eating anywhere near enough" from me!!!

You need to be aiming to net at least 1200 cals per day BARE MINIMUM!
  • akgary
    Options
    thank you so much ladies i will defenitly add more im so used to having to starve seriously since i had my twins a year ago this weight is hard to get off, its about 15lbs id like to get off utlitmatly 20 to 25lbs would be great im at 154lbs right now and im 5'4''. i really do appreciate all the input cuz what im doing i think can be tweaked so that i can lose again:)
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    On a positive note though, what you are eating is so healthy and nutritious, no processed meals. Keep it up! Once you start eating more your weight will start to drop x
  • akgary
    Options
    thanks lol we just moved to germany form the us a few months ago and i have to cook everything its nuts no fast food really at all the worst i get is smartones the frozen meals...lol:) but i really would like to see my scale move i did my measurements yesterday too and i feel like im putting so much in and getting nothing i even stopped drinking for god sakes...lol
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    You are way under your calories on all of the days I looked at, and it just isn't necessary to starve yourself to lose weight.
    I suggest keep eating the kind of food you are eating, just more of it! Don't be afraid to eat all of the calories MFP has allocated to you - remember that your body needs good nutrtition to stay healthy, and even more so when you are exercising.

i agree

Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • jameslucy
    jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i am the same. I am finding it really hard to eat my calories everyday (when I try I am putting my other goals over) so I just dont no what type of foods to eat. As a mtter of interest when I complete my diary at the end of the day (like last night my net cals were bout 400) MFP tells me that if I keep going like that i would lose 15 pounds in 5 wks yet all the posts on here are saying different.
  • akgary
    Options
    yeah i am doing a 5 week challange to see if mfp is correct and it always says i would lose about 19lbs with the next 5 weeks which is unrealistic. i think losing 1lbs a week is healthy:) im just gonna add some healthy almonds and some brown rice and such and a lil toast in the am:) im thinking a bigger breakfast and bigger lunch and keep my dinners about that same. thank you too all who took their time to help me out