Bad Sweet Tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• johnstonkevin457
    johnstonkevin457 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat one Hershey's miniature every day. I get the taste and it sticks with me that I have had chocolate that day.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    0 calorie Jell-O helped me out a lot when I was first getting started. Figuring out that I like a LCHF diet and making sure I have enough protein and fat each day keeps me generally satiated. I don't get the cravings for candy and baked goods like I used to unless I let myself get really, really hungry these days.
  • Sunflowez123
    Sunflowez123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will have to try that!!! Thanks

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have a massive sweet tooth. I drink Prescience Frosted Cupcake protein shakes in milk. Kills two birds with one stone. I get the protein I need and it tastes like a milkshake. Seriously, this stuff is so sweet many people won’t drink it, though it is high-quality protein. Tip: mix small amounts of powder at a time and stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
  • sechtle
    sechtle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I avoid buying sweet foods. If I get a craving I usually am forced to make it and I try to stick to fruity things like crisps or use whole wheat. I'm also going to try dark chocolate almonds as dark chocolate can quickly satisfy a sweet craving.
  • Daveybaseball
    Daveybaseball Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    amklehman wrote: »
    Any tips to curb or something to help replace the ice cream..cookie..cakes.

A couple things that have worked for me as I have gotten started over the past several weeks. Lots and lots of water. If you are hungry between meals lets say lunch an dinner and u know u just had a big meal and can’t offered a small snack use that as a time to drink a couple more glasses lf water. Also u can eat that stuff like cookies, ice cream and cake. If u can avoid eating it everyday that is the way to go, but in no way shape or form should u give it up. I find that i still eat them just not nearly as much as I use to. Usually once a week I will have stuff like that maybe. Ive found that now that i limit myself to eating that stuff just a couple times a week its not that hard as I look forward to it. Its really just abouy balance. If u can still see results eating then go ahead eat as much as u want, but if u arent seeint results then start by cutting back and just eating less of it or half as much. Portion size is often key.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I found that it reduced my cravings for high-calorie-density, low-nutrient-density sweets like baked goods and candies when I started making it a point to eat at least 3 servings of fruit daily. After a while (few weeks), I found I could be more flexible about the number of fruit servings, and the effect would persist. Nowadays, I commonly eat one, maybe two.

This doesn't work for everyone, but I've seen others here report similar experiences, so it might be worth a try.

I never eliminated added sugar (or foods with added sugar in them); for me, it wasn't necessary (and I'm not very good with rules: I tend to rebel ;) ). I still eat the occasional indulgent dessert, or some good chocolate, or something like that, but most of the low-quality pre-packaged grocery store "treats" aren't very appealing anymore: Too simple, too sweet, not worth the calories.

YMMV.