EA Sports Active 2

Options
I have just purchased this fitness game to use in addition or instead of my Wii Fit Plus Game. Anyone used it? I Have used the Wii Fit Plus game for quite a while now and I am finding it quite boring. I don't find it great for the cardio but ok for the body toning element. I also like the way the wii fit tells you the calories you have used and it is only slightly out of sync with the fitness pal count.

I am looking to use it most mornings, before I get ready for work and I am looking to use it for 15-30 minutes a day. At the weekends and some evenings I may be using it for longer. Anyone got some tips or advice when using it?

Replies

• MysizeBarbie24
    MysizeBarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i have wii fit plus also and i think it is pretty boring too. I dont have EA sports tho. I thought about getting it but we ended up getting the biggest loser on the kinect. they also have it for the wii. i love it!!! and if you like dance, try zumba on wii i really love tht and it def works!!! and no where near boring.

hope this helps in some way, i know it wasnt really what you were looking for.
  • yamdad
    yamdad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did the ea active more workouts challenge and then i did the ea active 2 90 day challenge on medium setting. I didnt really lose weight with the 90 day challenge but it definitly helped me tone up a lot of my lose fat and turn it into muscle. I did the challenge twice and i got tired of the constant leg work outs and i felt like it wasnt nearly enough ab workouts. I can say when i first started the program i could barely do the squats, the lunges, and the mountain boarding. At the end of completing the 90 day challenge for the 2nd time i was able to complete each exercise so i would say that it was well worth doing.

I now do the ufc personal trainer and it is a lot of core and ab work outs which i really need. My uppper body and lower body have really no fat to pinch but i still have the big belly. I cant do bicycle crunches or v ups but i do my best and i am hoping i will be able to do them when i am done with this program.
    When i first started ea active i couldnt do 3 pushups and could barely do 5 of the 10 leg lifts, now i can do 1 set of 15 pushups and then the other 2 sets of pushups about 8 to 10. Leg lifts i can now do all 3 sets of 13. I cant do the bicycle crunches or v ups properly because i still am not strong enough to get my back and legs off the ground at the same time but i am seeing the progress i am making with them too. I will be able to in a few weeks.
    My daily workouts are
    4 miles walking at 4mph takes me an hour a day
    Ufc personal trainer on cut weight setting 20 min stretching and about 15 min strength training with it
    Kinect boxing " one hell of a cardio workout" against online opponents its fun and the time flies. I can play for hours and sweat my but off.
    Ea active will help u. I just felt like it was too much legs. On thier forums thier is people that have created workouts that include
    Better workouts u should look them up
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. My problem is my tummy so I may start with the Active 2 and maybe buy the UFC personal trainer. What do you log the active as on MFP?
  • soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Zumba is on my list of games to get next :0)