calorie intake

Options
i cant seem to use up all my calories can anyone give my any ideas without going down the chocolate route :tongue:

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Wish I had the same problem!!!
    Try Nuts, Nut Betters, Pasta, Bread, Olive Oil...
  • Jayfitness27
    Options
    I think calories are really based on the brand that you use, but I cant be sure..I think in many ways you need to just eat something like pasta more often that adds more calories but without sacrificing your carbs.. I mean try to do a dummy role of role comparisons on the site here with your food diary adn see waht works out .. other than that I am really unsure..
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    quinoa
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yeah try a handful of nuts/seeds, avocados are also high in calories but good for you.

How many cals per day are you meant to have and how many are you having?
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree, quinoa tabouleh is my latest fave! So so good for you and will add calories :)
  • loopylou72
    loopylou72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    should be 1690 cal but if i do excercise it goes up.
    Only been doing this a few days but yesterday 706 cals left and i had a glass of wine too lol
  • sk3adik
    sk3adik Posts: 27
    Options
    Go on a white rice diet. With 1 cup of rice + egg for breakfast, 1 cup of rice + any lean meat for lunch, and 1 cup of rice + vegetable soup for dinner, and snack on fruits, or cereal without milk. You should reach around 726 +/- calories from rice alone, and meet 160g +/- of carb, protein from meat, and some essential fats, etc. Or you can buy those lean cuisine and consume them on lunch and dinner so your calorie count will be more accurate and consistent, but on breakfast, rice is really filling.. don't forget to drink tons of water. If you ate more calories than you should, just exercise it off.. P.S. watch your sodium intake, as it will retain water weight, and too much sodium will hurt you anyway. :-)
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Go on a white rice diet. With 1 cup of rice + egg for breakfast, 1 cup of rice + any lean meat for lunch, and 1 cup of rice + vegetable soup for dinner, and snack on fruits, or cereal without milk. You should reach around 726 +/- calories from rice alone, and meet 160g +/- of carb, protein from meat, and some essential fats, etc. Or you can buy those lean cuisine and consume them on lunch and dinner so your calorie count will be more accurate and consistent, but on breakfast, rice is really filling.. don't forget to drink tons of water. If you ate more calories than you should, just exercise it off.. P.S. watch your sodium intake, as it will retain water weight, and too much sodium will hurt you anyway. :-)

why not brown rice? they have the same amount of calories and brown is better for you?
  • suehart1
    Options
    I was finding it hard too. I just added larger portions of fruit n veg and found that made a difference.
  • loopylou72
    Options
    thanks i might try the nuts instead of extra bread :flowerforyou:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I agree, quinoa tabouleh is my latest fave! So so good for you and will add calories :)

I just googled this and found a recipe on allrecipes.com, I am so grabbing a bag of quinoa on my next shopping trip!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time eating my 1200 calories a day, I know how you feel! I'll be sitting there 10 at night logging foods... and see I have 200 cals to use up. Eating 200 cals right before bed doesn't feel good. :( I usually just go for a couple spoonfuls of natural peanut butter, as I usually can't think of anything else quick and calorie dense that isn't pure junk food.

If you have carbs left, maybe some wholegrain bread? (not that nasty white stuff with tons of fructose)

Brown rice is also pretty high cal
  • loopylou72
    Options
    but i dont feel i can eat any more lol :sad:
  • sk3adik
    sk3adik Posts: 27
    Options
    i don't know.. maybe because most of the Asian people i know are not even trying to be on a diet, and they are still slim.. most of them don't like brown rice either.. i guess either or will work, just a matter of preference =)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    It hurts!
  • rainbowbrite98
    Options
    I wish I had that problem! I am always starving at the end of the day and drinking a ton of water totally isn't helping...:grumble:
  • loopylou72
    Options
    maybe its because i have tried diets and cut out everything i love, but on this one its calorie counting so i can have anything i want within reason, and i dont feel i need to deprive myself.
    Its all in the mind if you cant have it then you want it more!! does that make sense? :embarassed:
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    maybe its because i have tried diets and cut out everything i love, but on this one its calorie counting so i can have anything i want within reason, and i dont feel i need to deprive myself.
    Its all in the mind if you cant have it then you want it more!! does that make sense? :embarassed:

Yep! Haha. Now that I know exactly what's going into my body (especially sugars and fats, I only counted cals before) there's so much more incentive to eat better. And then at the end of the day... you have 300 cals left over and nowhere to put them and not feeling hungry! Story of my life
  • sostengo
    sostengo Posts: 11
    Options
    I sometimes had the same problem, the reason was mostly that I had nearly no breakfast. Just 1 banana or 1 yoghurt was much too less. So I start the day with rice or bread now and maybe juice or milk. I try to have about 300 calories inside after breakfast.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think a good breakfast sets you up for the day, so maybe have a banana with your cereal or oatmeal or chop a little lean ham or smoked salmon into scrambled eggs.

I don't struggle to eat less than 1200 cals, but dring the week I seem to find that 1200-1300 will suffice and then at the weekend I'm probably up to 1500-1600 after I've been to the pub :drinker:

It's still early days for me, so not sure how things will progress, but for now I'm letting my body tell me when enough is enough :happy: