Need some motivation (and friends)!!

Options
Myaaka
Myaaka Posts: 25 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Dani and I’m struggling! I had lost almost all the weight and then in 6 months gained it all back! 😭😭 I am now 211 lbs at 5’5”! My end goal weight is 125 based on BMI but my first goal is just to hit 159! I haven’t seen the 150’s since I was 18 (I’m 33 now)! But I have gotten down to 163 ish like 30 times over the last 15 years, just never maintained. I had a kid 3 years ago, gained 90 lbs during pregnancy, lost it all within 18 months then gained it back 6 months later. I’m a full time mom, and have two part time jobs from home. My husband is about to deploy for the next 7 months so I want to drop at least 60 lbs before he gets back! I also have my sisters wedding to attend in 26 weeks and my goal is 50 lbs by then (2 lbs a week shouldn’t be too hard if I’m super good). I joined a weight loss support group called TOPS in the local area and I’m starting up the gym 5xweek come Monday. I’m on Nutrisystem and counting calories and striving for 1200 a day (up to 1500 maybe once a week for a little extra allowed ‘cheat’). I’m also working on a blog also to help me out as needed but I prolly won’t be on that too much. I would love to meet some more ppl here who are in need of motivation or anything! Please feel free to comment or friend me or whatever! ;) Thanks for stopping by!

Replies

• Mom2Five78
    Mom2Five78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been here less than a month, but started my weight loss journey last May. Down 40 pounds. Also a mom. I have 5 kids and know the struggles of trying to eat right, while also feel=ding a family. I would love to add you as a friend. Would love to read your blog.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm also without a firm end goal as I've never been that person, yet! 5'7 with a first goal of 160..... But actually dreaming of 170, don't think I've ever been lower than 180 as an adult. At about 186 at the moment and spent most of the last 15 yeara between 190 and 215. I'm 34, childless but also hoping to find the inner slim me and keep her around!
  • Myaaka
    Myaaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been here less than a month, but started my weight loss journey last May. Down 40 pounds. Also a mom. I have 5 kids and know the struggles of trying to eat right, while also feel=ding a family. I would love to add you as a friend. Would love to read your blog.

My blog is weightlosswithdani.home.blog
    It’s the free version so long URL! 😂 I started it on 12/16/18 and haven’t posted since 12/31/18 but will be starting again this week! Would love comments and such as that helps me with accountability!

And 5 kids?!? Wow! One is exhausting enough so I cannot even imagine 5! I applaud you! Congrats on being down 40 lbs! That’s amazing!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...If you would like a cheerleader to cheer you on while you are on this journey feel free to add me :)