Phentermine (prescribed by doctor)

So wow, just wow! I had another myfitness pal ap login and I was tracking my food and exercise on it from January to February, and I gained 2 pounds.

My doctor prescribed phentermine to help get a few pounds off, and I continued my regular routine. I went in for my 30 day weigh in, and AHHHHHH I'm down 13 pounds!!!! ct5cgwa5os0e.jpg

Replies

• AmberCallahan2022
    AmberCallahan2022 Posts: 10 Member
    I can even see the difference in my face!j03t1t8prjyt.png
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Wow...this is so great! Progress, honey...progress.....I think i should have taken some pictures too whilst I was 260 lbs. Im 184.5 i think today....but i remember taking photos of me in a bathing suit on an old camera that I left in South Carolina USA. I am going to look for it when I get the chance
  • srmedd8834
    srmedd8834 Posts: 3 Member
    I don't like pics! I have lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks, am thrilled!!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    You look fantastic but please watch that stuff.... years ago I was on it and it made it so easy to control my appetite it was great and I lost weight quickly, once I stopped taking it the weight came back on very quickly and was even harder to lose the second time around through diet and exercise. Even with my changed eating habits and eating less food, it was like it changed my metabolism or something
  • willsgirl2014
    willsgirl2014 Posts: 6 Member
    I took it once ang had a hypertensive emergency. Blood pressure went up to 200/120. My vision was wacky and I couldn’t walk straight. Fortunately I work in a hospital. This happened about 6 weeks in. I hope they monitor you.
  • Dovely40
    Dovely40 Posts: 32 Member
    Definitely be careful on that stuff. I took it and a few weeks in my ears started buzzing, my vision went black, I was dizzy. It ended up spiking my blood pressure. Scared me to death! Great job on your weight loss though. 🙂
  • VeraB1794
    VeraB1794 Posts: 16 Member
    This is awesome. I am 5,1 and 163 pounds and 24 years old. I’ve had 2 kids. And after my second i gained ALOT. A good 40lbs or so. I’ve done everything. I’ve been eating healthy and exercising and got down 10lbs by myself and just couldn’t get the weight off. My dr prescribed this to me yesterday so I’m on day 2. I’m a little scared reading a lot of negative things that have happened to ppl so a little nervous but also a lot of good reviews to. Everyone’s body is different though so we will see. My dr is going to be monitoring me VERY closely and just hope it works. Only thing I’ve noticed so far is the dry mouth which I’m ok with cause I never drank a lot of water and now my water intake is through the rough which is amazing for me. The other is gas lmao but anyways glad it’s working for you girl. Keep posting updates
  • annmarie152
    annmarie152 Posts: 3 Member
    I agree with everyone else, be careful. I took it years ago and lost 35 lbs, so far it has stayed off. I had to stop taking it because I kept getting heart palpitation. It works but please be careful.
  • smiliekiwi
    smiliekiwi Posts: 92 Member
    Years ago I went on reductal. ( sounds like very similar stuff.). My doctor was great. Monitored it closely I LOVED how it decreased my appetite sped up my metabolism and gave me energy. And yes GREAT results!! ( although between the medication and dr fees it was not cheap!)
    Now we can’t get it here in New Zealand. And my weight has returned.. almost double :/. But now I have started Intermittent Fasting ( a lot of people don’t agree with it ) but I find I am getting the same benefits. Less appetite more energy sped up metabolism and no dry mouth Ü and I can do this forever ( and it’s free!)
    Anyway stick with what’s working for you and when you get to the stage of maintaining consider IF.
  • scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2019
    I find Phentermine very helpful and haven't had side effects .. everyone is different. Youre right to have your doctor monitor it closely. I now have been on it on an off for a few months with great success again - I've lost almost 50 lbs with about 30 more to go. I take it for a week and then skip a week so I don't get tolerant. I eat about the same but don't lose when I don't take it, I definitely think it helps your metabolism. Good luck!!

PS your health insurance probably doesn't cover it - I highly recommend using Blink Health to get it about half price at CVS where I live ..

[edited by MFP Mods]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!