Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bad Sweet Tooth

2»

Replies

• johnstonkevin457
    johnstonkevin457 Posts: 13 Member
    I eat one Hershey's miniature every day. I get the taste and it sticks with me that I have had chocolate that day.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    0 calorie Jell-O helped me out a lot when I was first getting started. Figuring out that I like a LCHF diet and making sure I have enough protein and fat each day keeps me generally satiated. I don't get the cravings for candy and baked goods like I used to unless I let myself get really, really hungry these days.
  • Sunflowez123
    Sunflowez123 Posts: 13 Member
    I will have to try that!!! Thanks

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I have a massive sweet tooth. I drink Prescience Frosted Cupcake protein shakes in milk. Kills two birds with one stone. I get the protein I need and it tastes like a milkshake. Seriously, this stuff is so sweet many people won’t drink it, though it is high-quality protein. Tip: mix small amounts of powder at a time and stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
  • sechtle
    sechtle Posts: 4 Member
    I avoid buying sweet foods. If I get a craving I usually am forced to make it and I try to stick to fruity things like crisps or use whole wheat. I'm also going to try dark chocolate almonds as dark chocolate can quickly satisfy a sweet craving.
  • Daveybaseball
    Daveybaseball Posts: 24 Member
    amklehman wrote: »
    Any tips to curb or something to help replace the ice cream..cookie..cakes.

A couple things that have worked for me as I have gotten started over the past several weeks. Lots and lots of water. If you are hungry between meals lets say lunch an dinner and u know u just had a big meal and can’t offered a small snack use that as a time to drink a couple more glasses lf water. Also u can eat that stuff like cookies, ice cream and cake. If u can avoid eating it everyday that is the way to go, but in no way shape or form should u give it up. I find that i still eat them just not nearly as much as I use to. Usually once a week I will have stuff like that maybe. Ive found that now that i limit myself to eating that stuff just a couple times a week its not that hard as I look forward to it. Its really just abouy balance. If u can still see results eating then go ahead eat as much as u want, but if u arent seeint results then start by cutting back and just eating less of it or half as much. Portion size is often key.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,628 Member
    I found that it reduced my cravings for high-calorie-density, low-nutrient-density sweets like baked goods and candies when I started making it a point to eat at least 3 servings of fruit daily. After a while (few weeks), I found I could be more flexible about the number of fruit servings, and the effect would persist. Nowadays, I commonly eat one, maybe two.

This doesn't work for everyone, but I've seen others here report similar experiences, so it might be worth a try.

I never eliminated added sugar (or foods with added sugar in them); for me, it wasn't necessary (and I'm not very good with rules: I tend to rebel ;) ). I still eat the occasional indulgent dessert, or some good chocolate, or something like that, but most of the low-quality pre-packaged grocery store "treats" aren't very appealing anymore: Too simple, too sweet, not worth the calories.

YMMV.