Letter to my past self (Size 22-14)

Dear Past Me,
You're probably looking through the success stories on MFP and wishing that one day you will be lucky enough to post yours. And you will. But you have a lot of work to do, not just physically, but mentally because your own self-doubt is holding you back. You're not perfect and you never will be; nobody is perfect and thats ok. But that doesn't mean you can keep making excuses as you are failing the most important person in your life and that is you.

Quit saying you can't stop eating unhealthy, just make one small change at a time. Focus on making breakfast healthy for 2 weeks then work on making lunch healthy etc (wheatabix with fresh fruit on top is yum!) And quit saying you can't do exercise because you can. You do yourself a major disservice by saying you can't push yourself physically as your body is far more capable than you realise ( such as signing up for a 100 mile virtual bike challenge and completing it, even when injured). Your mind, however, does need some discipline. Teach it to say no to unhealthy snacks and go for the healthy instead (it doesn't even taste that bad!) and learn to drink more water than lattes and mochas.
And stop letting family hold you back!
I'm nearing the end of my weight-loss journey but my fitness journey? Its only just began and I'm loving it.

Don't ever give up and trust in yourself,
Sincerely,
Current Me
x8chwroj21xk.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!