Hi! 27, pregnant, and determined to stay around this weight.

Options
My name is Robin. I am 15 weeks pregnant and determined to keep my weight down this pregnancy. My other two pregnancies left me gaining over 50lbs and over 40lbs. I already despised how much I left myself go before I got pregnant this time. I’m not going to destroy myself trying to lose weight. I just want to maintain until I have the baby, then I want to lose 35 pounds!

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community and congratulations on your pregnancy. :flowerforyou:

I recommend speaking to your doctor/obstetrician and/or a registered dietician about your concerns. They can help you devise a plan to make sure you get the right amount of calories and nutrients while you grow your little human, and at the same time advise how much is a reasonable amount to gain.

Also, be kind to yourself! You haven't "let yourself go". You've been a busy mom taking care of other people and haven't always had time for yourself.

Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy. :)
  • InspiredBrunette
    InspiredBrunette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I’m currently 28 weeks pregnant and tracking trying to keep my weight down as well