Am I doomed to weight gain?

Options
So i have been unknowingly restricting my calories too much the last few months and realized its bad for metabolism. Am i doomed to the overshoot weight gain?

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    zefanyya wrote: »
    So i have been unknowingly restricting my calories too much the last few months and realized its bad for metabolism. Am i doomed to the overshoot weight gain?

Maybe you haven’t been moving enough. If you live a sedentary life/desk job like me....it’s a constant struggle. Maybe there are some other issues at play. Are you hydrated and well rested? Stress can play a factor. I’ve stalled a bit myself and am going to move more this week and sleep longer....Hulu habit not so good :/

Doomed....no, go talk to a dietician and a trainer - also visit your doctor for a check up and blood panel, and rengage!
  • 425Recess
    425Recess Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am not doctor so all I know is what happened to me. I was at maintance for 7 yrs when I started to lose weight. I was having GI issues and thought it was because of that. It turned out that I was on WW and they tweaked the plan and inadvertently I was eating too few calories. I had lost 14 lbs. I started to eat more and gain four of them back but liked being 10 lbs less than I was. So I went to MyFitnessPal, eat the calories that was suggested and it has been steady ever since (about a year). It wasn't a problem.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Reverse diet your way outta there!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No you aren't doomed - your future is in your own hands.