Calories

I am unsure how I am going to loose 2 pound per week if I have been given 1800 Calories a day I’m just not sure how I would loose weight by eating that many .. someone explain it to
Me !!

Replies

• grace42c
    grace42c Posts: 71 Member
    It depends on your starting weight and activity level. If you are light, 2 lbs a week is not attainable, if you are heavier, it is doable. Use MFP for 4 weeks and see how it goes. The first 2 weeks might be disappointing as some people’s bodies do not adjust to the thought of changing for a few weeks. More information about your circumstances might help people give more specific advise for your journey.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I lose 1 pound a week on 2350, so 2 pounds a week on 1800 is perfectly doable, especially if you have a lot to lose.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    I lost >70lbs on my first 365 days on MFP while eating more than 2500 Calories a day on average.... whether "1800" will create the deficit you want depends on your starting stats, your actual activity level, and the overall accuracy of your logging...
  • athran13
    athran13 Posts: 30 Member
    I've been losing 2lbs (on average) the past 2 or so months on 1990 cal a day. I try to hit that each day. Of course, I'm a man and I work out 3-4 times a week. I don't expect it will last at that rate as I get closer to my goal...which I'm fine with. I imagine your loss will depend on your how active you are, you metabolism, etc... I'd say give it a shot... Just my 2 cents.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    cbrooke123 wrote: »
    I am unsure how I am going to loose 2 pound per week if I have been given 1800 Calories a day I’m just not sure how I would loose weight by eating that many .. someone explain it to
    Me !!

A 2000-calorie diet is what an average woman needs to maintain weight. An average man needs to eat 2500 calories a day to maintain. So, 1800 calories is under what an average sized person needs just to stay the same. Which means, you should lose.

I eat 1600 calories a day and have lost 68 lbs in 8 months. Give the 1800 calories a day a try for a month and see what happens.