What should my goals be focused on?

Options
ppomoberry
ppomoberry Posts: 21 Member
edited March 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
So I am a 5 feet 11 inches male who is 18 years old; that last time I checked weighed 125-126ish but after today realised that it is less with my doctor telling me I weight 122lb (with clothes on) and then when I weighed myself on a scale I just recently bought I weighed in at 120.8lb (with some lightweight gym clothes on) so I am realising now that my weight is 120-122lb which I feel might be a bit low. I have already received feedback on needing to gain weight (will post pictures of my physique of about one week ago it's more or less accurate for the time being). I did start a new lifting program that is a 3-day set of full body suited for beginners (even though I've been lifting for about 8 months but did not lift with a proper program) I do cardio about 3 times a week that consists of jump roping for about an hour but did not jump rope two days of the week this week as I felt it may not aid in building muscle but did miss it and felt weird without it.

Considering I weight 120-122 I do not think I could stand to lose anymore (not that I could I think) but not sure how to go about increasing how much I eat to account needing to gain weight and to fit my jump roping lifestyle. I need some advice as too how to go about this?

Also I do prefer to do fasted weight lifting and cardio whenever I can meaning as soon as a wake up working out and then eating my meals throughout the day. When I can't I eat breakfast then lunch and usually workout within 4 hours of eating lunch. Is it recommended to do this with my weight or can I as long as I am eating in a surplus the night before?

Cheers all!

g9t2or5ks6it.jpg
x4o3qx3bzawy.jpg
taciuz1s5pr4.jpg

Replies

• ppomoberry
    ppomoberry Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just weighed myself today in the morning with no food besides a bottle of water and in normal underwear and I weighed in at 118 which means I weigh less than I expected so would like advice based on this new realisation. Cheers!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ppomoberry wrote: »
    I just weighed myself today in the morning with no food besides a bottle of water and in normal underwear and I weighed in at 118 which means I weigh less than I expected so would like advice based on this new realisation. Cheers!

Drop all the cardio and start eating in a surplus.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • SunrayG
    SunrayG Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep jumping and also put on muscle weight, then you are going to have to eat more. They call it bulking.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I’d recommend posting over in the Gaining Weight forum. You might get more responses there.