Food that takes forever to eat!

Options
So my biggest problem is I eat my food too fast! So I need an intervention, I need to be made to slow down.
My first thougt is allen's redskins for when I want a sweet treat! I haven't had one for years but I remember they used to take a long time to eat, and hopefully that means I wont have too many!

Any other suggestions? Doesn't have to be lollies, just anything that takes ages to chew/eat!

Replies

• Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If u have a smart phone, I have an app called 80 bites where you log each bite you eat. Last night was the first time I used it and it really helped me slow down my eating, usually I just shove it in my face. With a baby and toddler I don't usually get the chance to eat my food warm,so I just shove it in my mouth.
  • trailrider1963
    Options
    Raw baby carrots.
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.

I've found that I eat more slowly if I:

Eat at the dinner table
    Put my fork down between mouthfuls
    Remember to savour the flavour
    Chat while eating
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    erm,
    malt loaf (the fruity one),
    curly wurlys! (their pretty low cal sweet treat!)
    Celery, quite chompy!! dipped in houmus is niccceee
    Meat like steak or pork

Ok im out!
  • jen_bailey951
    Options
    Putting your fork down between moutfuls definately helps!
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :)
    and wow little embarassed, just saw that a similar topic was posted only a few hours before mine! didn't see that, oops! sorry!
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    Crab legs! It takes a while to get at the meat! Also, peel and eat shrimp. Yummmm.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    For some reason oatmeal takes me forever to eat. Not the instant kind, I microwave old fashioned rolled oats (takes 2.5 minutes) and I find it more substantial than the instant type.

I notice I eat slowly if I am chatting during dinner, not just hunkering down and quietly shoveling food in my mouth. If you dine alone, grab a book or newspaper and read as you eat. That always slows me down.