Giving this another shot πŸ’ƒ

Options
Hi! I’m Elizabeth 😁 I am 37 years old, 5’6”, and 175 lbs. I’m tired of looking in the mirror and feeling terrible. I have five kids and after each and every one of them, I fought really hard to get myself in the normal weight range. I have had a difficult time getting and keeping the weight off with my last two. I am up and then I fight like crazy to bring it back down then up again. My youngest is 3 and we are not going to have anymore kids. Progress is sooooooo slow... not like before. If I even look at something, I can feel the pounds adding on. I refuse to just accept where I am at, and I am going to try, yet again, to lose this weight! My ultimate goal is 135, but that is more of a dream big idea. I would love to just be in a healthy BMI again, which would be 154 for me. I plan on tracking every last calorie and working out at least 30 minutes a day. My workouts will mostly be treadmill, elliptical, and weights, but I will be looking out for some good classes. I am going to try to cut out sweets completely and watch my carb intake, but I am not going to completely cut food groups out. I have used this app before, but I have never tried to be a part of the community. I don’t know how it works, but if anyone connects to my story and would like to be friends on this app, let me know! 😊

Replies

• hazeldesert603
    hazeldesert603 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP...and welcome to the community...Feel free to add me if you would like a cheerleader while you are on this journey :)
  • workhardplay85
    workhardplay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me to your support system.
  • amaterasuthird
    amaterasuthird Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bicycling burns a hell of a lot of calories also. If you're struggling to lose any more, you may be trying to lose it too fast. It's good to give your body a rest now and then. It increases performance and lets it recover faster. If you're caloric daily intake is less than 6000 kilojoules, you could possibly be starving your body. This will also hurt your weightloss prospects. I can't see your diary, but this is all I can currently think of. If none of these are the problem it might be signs of a resistance to insulin. Look into body recomposition. It could help you.
  • eacowan
    eacowan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I used to go biking a lot. I will make a plan to go when the weather gets a bit nicer. I am starting fresh again today. My bad eating habits and lack of excercise is the cause of my current weight situation πŸ™ƒ 10- 15 years ago when I wanted to lose the extra weight, I would get focused and see motivating results within the first month. In the last few years, movement is slow which can be discouraging and throw me off the path. I have tried tons of different diets! Name it and I bet I gave it a go. Success for me has always been in eating everything with moderation and excercise. It’s going to be hard, but this is my LIFE! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ
  • kmbr93
    kmbr93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. Im doing this again too and am down almost 10 lbs. i joined stepbet and it makes me move. Its been slow but finally adding up. I haven’t seen these numbers in a long time. Good luck!
  • eacowan
    eacowan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will look into stepbet😊
  • peachie2013
    peachie2013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP! I have returning also after being away for a few years.

• lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Nikki76mfp
    Nikki76mfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your journey. I’ve sent u a message x
  • tryn2losebig
    tryn2losebig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all my name is Jennifer and I'm starting again on my weight loss journey after countless fails. I'm 36 years old 5'2 and 268lbs. My short term goal is to lose 20lbs by my bday next month. I plan on doing the slim fast diet and walking at least 3 days out of the week. I've used this app before but I've never posted anything or made friends. I would like to make friends so we can encourage one another.
  • Michael_Axten
    Michael_Axten Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend invite
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You didn't get to where you are overnight and you won't get to your goal instantly either. Be patient with yourself and keep focused on the long game. You can do it!
  • chrissilva2625
    chrissilva2625 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My wife and I started 4 weeks ago. We cut carbs and sugars, so no breads, noodles, chips, crackers, sodas, juice, Gatorade or sweetener in our coffee and tea. We eat scrambled eggs and avocado or a TB12 plant based protein shake for breakfast, fruits are blackberries, raspberries or blueberries. Limited bananas, strawberries and kiwi "high sugars". Meals we use 80/20 rule, 80% vegetables and 20% lean meats or fish. Meats are typically palm size. Snacks are almonds, fruit or salads. She ran 1 mile first week, 2 second and 5 last couple. Shes down 10 pounds and I'm down about 12. I add weight workouts though. The hardest part is diet but it's the most important. And everywhere we go temptation is there, chips and salsa, pizza. Alcohol, brownies or mexican food. Now it feels good to say no thank you and drink water or eat a bag of carrots. You got this if you want this. No excuses, just do it. Good luck and I'm rooting for you