My earbuds shock me on the treadmill! grrrr

Options
I have found that for some reason my body really generates static electricity. It's not just one set of earbuds either. I've tried several. Has anyone else found a remedy to this? I don't have any dryer sheets but I thought I would get some and see if that helps. I can use them on the elliptical but not treadmill. (yes I've tried several at the gym, it's me not the machine lol)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    Mine did too but the only solution I found was to replace the earbuds. They were made by Phillips (I believe). Have never had problems with Skullcandies as a cheap pair of gym earbuds other than the fact that they are cheap! That means the cable can fray after a while, etc.
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i am interested in this as well. this happens to my 12 year old daughter all the time.... i tried all her ear buds and such and i got nothing ?? but it happens to her all the time.
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    This happened to me in the winter time all of the time! I tried different ear buds as well, and it kept happening. In order to stop it I made sure that the wires from the ear buds do not touch any metal pieces on the treadmill, like the heart monitor pads or the clip for the emergency stop button. This seemed to help most of the time. I usually just placed my towel where the wires touched the treadmill and that kept it from shocking me.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    maybe try wireless or bluetooth headsets/earbuds?
  • janetbefit
    Options
    Thanks for your responses. I don't think the ear bud wires are touching any metal but I will double check that. Wireless would probably be great. I'm sure they are $$$ though.

If you think of anything else.....I'm open. The gym said that they did have a couple other people mention it too but didn't know how to prevent it.

Janet