GREEK YOGURT LOVERS!

Options
I'm recently starting to add greek yogurt to my diet.. or well as far as eating healthy, the amount of protein seems outstanding :) does anyone eat greek yogurt alot or daily & have progress with losing weight?

I just bought some plain Chobani & Fage greek yogurt.. what are your favorite things to add to the yogurt or to use it for? I was thinking of using kashi go lean cereal in it.. or adding my own fruits. what do you think?

Replies

• routerguy666
    Options
    Chobani's good with diced up strawberries and blueberries in it.
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i like the dannon greek yogurt...so far ive tried most and have only liked dannon.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i love fage 0% greek yogurt - and eat it enough to think of making my own to save $$. I do use it instead of sour cream when i reaally need something creamy, but my favorite is a couple figs (or your choice of fruit), a sprinkle of nuts (or kashi etc.) and a drizzle of honey.

Yesterday i really wanted something sweet and mixed in some splenda and rum extract, then added some bananas...not a bad banana foster craving fixer upper i'd say LOL

I also just top it with a little trail mix and call it breakfast when i'm at work!
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani yogurt. And it is SO good for you. I add pineapple. Yummy!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, Stevia, and F-Factor Skinnies. I also like to make into dip: 1 container of Dannon Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt, 1 teaspoon dill, 1/4 celery seed, 1/4 garlic. Mix well.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle mine with cocoa powder and drizzle agave on top...mmmm
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I eat Athenos 0% fat Greek yogurt with fruit on the side for breakfast most mornings. Other days I have Kashi which is also high in protein. It really helped me with weight loss - the protein first thing in the morning helps me keep from craving later in the day. I've tried low protein breakfasts with as much or more calories and they don't work - I get hungry and cranky and tired by 6pm even if I had a good lunch. I've lost pretty steadily as long as I've done MFP - the slow down this summer was because I stopped eating on a regular schedule and ate out a lot more. Now that I'm back with my yogurt breakfasts and routine meals it's a lot easier to eat properly and the weight is coming off faster.
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    half greek yogurt and half creamy cocumber calorie wise with pepper on my garden salad !
    I sometime had some grated cocumber to the mix.
    love it ..
  • espruell
    espruell Posts: 12
    Options
    Dannon Oikos honey flavor, dip apple slices in it for a yummy snack.
    Local brand available at Whole Foods is called Atlanta Fresh. They have a chocolate & chili flavored Greek yogurt that makes an awesome smoothie with a banana and Silk Pure Dark Chocolate Almond milk.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I added greek yogurt to my diet probably 3 months ago and love it now. I add granola and blueberries or rapberries to it. Yummo!
  • jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    I just started using greek yogurt in an attempt to clean up my diet. I have been using it as a dip base, like in tzatziki. I just made this overnight no-cook oatmeal which one part oatmeal, one part milk, and one part greek yogurt in a covered bowl in the fridge overnight. I put blueberries and some agave on it in the morning and it was awesome. I used it as a mayo type replacer in a tuna salad (quinoa, tuna, peas, mustartd, and greek yogurt) and in this funky bean melt sandwich (black beans, carrots, capers, little goat cheese, dill, mustard, jalapenos, and greek yogurt heated up and slapped on a bun). I am pretty excited about trying out a bunch of different uses for greek yogurt. I have been using the Fage 0% and haven't tried any of the other brands so not really sure about taste comparison.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt! I find that it fills me up more than regular yogurt...

Things I add:

Chocolate Treat
    - 1 packetof stevia
    - 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
    - 1/2 cup of raspberries

Morning Pick Me up
    - 1 packet of stevia
    - handful of walnuts
    - 1 cup of fresh fruit (I like peaches and bananas)

Honey Cluster
    - A few tablespoons of honey
    - 1/2 cup of granola
    - banana
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat it a lot. High protein and dairy apaprently aids weight loss too. Winner!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is great and it really does fill you up!

It's good with pomegranite seeds or raspberries on it. Another yummy way is with granola and honey.

Enjoy!
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    My wife eats at least a 200ml pot of it every day, mostly on her breakfast :)

If you're in the UK, the Asda fat free greek yogurt is really good. Really thick and 80 cals for the pot.