Fluctuations in Weight

Options
Hi all!

I could use some insight:

every day I wake up 20 pounds - YES 20 - lighter than before I go to bed. For example, I wake up & run... i weigh in at 105, but before bed I weigh in 125!!!
what in the world?!?
Same scale & fashionably dressed in my birthday suit to avoid any other factors...

Anyone have insight and/or the same circumstance?

Thank you!!:)

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    A fluctuation of several pounds is normal. 20lbs is a massive swing for one day, and I'd lean more towards the scale not being calibrated correctly, your stance on it being uneven, or it being on an uneven surface (ex: tile, carpet, etc). I would try moving it to a flat surface in another room, and see if you get a different result.
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Either something is wrong with your scale or you have a medical issue.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How many times has this happened?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Is this something that happened once, or has happened repeatedly?

Regardless, that's way outside most people's normal daily weight fluctuations. There's no way you're taking in 20 pounds of food and/or drink during the day, so it's likely some problem with your scale. I'd change the scale batteries and double check all the other potential issues with the scale that were mentioned above.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    This seems a massive amount of fluid and food intake to be getting processed during a single day.

I mean for it to appear on the scale it has to have made its way into you.

Do you see yourself ingesting such an amount of food and fluids over the course of a day? 9kg, 20lbs? Forgetting even whether any of it makes its way out... I mean I drink a lot of coffee but I do make a few trips to the bathroom too....

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have retired from officiating football, but while active in that avocation, it was routine for me to weigh 8 or 9 pounds less after a game compared to my pre-game weight. That fluctuation over about a 3 or 4 hour period was due mostly to fluid loss, sweat.
    After rehydration, my weight returned to my previous pre-game weight.
    Is it possible that you may have a significant intake of fluids or significant loss of fluids to account for the large difference?
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Get new batteries for your scale?
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I agree to check your scale. My biggest fluctuation is 8lbs after having Chinese food.