Im sinking please help

I lost 100 lb and kept it off for 5 yrs even thru my pregnancy i maintained healthy wts. I recently had the Depo shot after a tubal pregnancy & surgery. My appetite is crazy and i have no energy. I gained 30 lbs. I feel like im sinking please someone have u ever overcome this? How can i get back on track

Replies

• nurseangel86
    nurseangel86 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank u so much for ur reply. I had surgery on October 2nd and took the Depo shot two weeks after. I gained 30 lbs since then. My appetite is very strong and I feel so drained. Ive always been an active person, but haven't been myself since i started putting this weight back on
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Thank u so much for ur reply. I had surgery on October 2nd and took the Depo shot two weeks after. I gained 30 lbs since then. My appetite is very strong and I feel so drained. Ive always been an active person, but haven't been myself since i started putting this weight back on

In the same time frame I've also added about 30 lb for completely different reasons. There's nothing for it now but to get some sleep tonight and try again tomorrow. I don't know where you are but right now I need to get some sleep. I am sure some ladies will answer soon with good ideas.
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Can you join a group locally for accountability? Have you been to the doctor to discuss your symptoms and weight gain?

Be kind to yourself, you have been through an upheaval with surgery. Do you exercise at all?
  • nurseangel86
    nurseangel86 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks again
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Have you talked to your doctor about this? Is increased appetite a side effect as well as feeling you have no energy?

Have you fully recovered from your surgery?

Once again I would talk to your doctor.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    I had to stop Depo due to increased appetite, weight gain and headaches. The side effects were not worth it for me. I ultimately ended up deciding on an IUD and am actually having my tubes tied tomorrow.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Definitely discuss this with your doc, depo might just not be the right choice for you.

In the meantime, make sure you are getting enough protein, fat, and fiber. Some combo of these three things usually help you stay full but different people respond differently. Are you logging accurately and consistently? Keeping an accurate log and learning from each day will help you figure out what foods will fill you up better and which leave you wanting more. Also experiment with different eating patterns and times. If you know you have already eaten enough but are still wanting to eat, try taking a walk, chewing gum, drinking hot tea, or if it's after dinner try brushing your teeth.

Sorry you're struggling, hang in there :flowerforyou:
  • frizzipunk
    frizzipunk Posts: 7 Member
    Have your thyroid checked
    Make sure you’re taking a multivitamin, plus b complex, vitamin d
  • muin86
    muin86 Posts: 1 Member
    I lost 100 lb and kept it off for 5 yrs even thru my pregnancy i maintained healthy wts. I recently had the Depo shot after a tubal pregnancy & surgery. My appetite is crazy and i have no energy. I gained 30 lbs. I feel like im sinking please someone have u ever overcome this? How can i get back on track

I’m having a hard time since the depo shot as well. There is empirical evidence to support the weight gain theory, increases appetite as well as water retention. This shot has really done more harm than good to my body also, I feel like crap! Hungry all the time, I track my caloric intake diligently and maintain a deficit but my weight is still all over the place. I can wake up and weigh myself and have gained 4 lbs OVERNIGHT. I’m watching my sodium intake it’s not helping. I am controlling the constant hunger but I mean how well dispositioned am I expected to be when I’m hangry all day!!? (Lol) at 2 months postpartum I was 209, January 29th. I’m currently 193. I’m doing well, but not as well as I could be. I’ve also noticed between the kids, my online schooling, and medial household crap I am exhausted all the time. Mood swings comparable to pregnancy, and headaches. Depo: never again.
    How is your journey going?
  • Bopo_Amy
    Bopo_Amy Posts: 19 Member
    I will help support you if you want. I am here to help. Friend me if you’d like.
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    It sounds like a visit to the doctor may be in order, just to make sure all the baselines are covered. In the meantime, today is a new day. Treat yourself nicely today by not overindulging. Enjoy some delicious fruit or some other healthy snack that you enjoy. Just make sure it doesn't feel like you are depriving yourself.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    well, this thread was created 15 months ago, so sure hoping you're back to your normal self by now! And if not, REALLY hope you saw your doctor!!!
  • jliz4591
    jliz4591 Posts: 1 Member
    The deppo shot is evil! I was on it 3 years, I was tiny my whole life, not anymore! That BC will mess you all up!!!
    Good luck to you,n
  • xena80s
    xena80s Posts: 18 Member
    I know other people that gained weight on it.
    I didn't, but I had other bad side effects. I was on it for 9 months.....long enough to give it a fair evaluation, IMO.
    I recommend talking with your doctor and trying a different method of birth control.