Healthy Pregnancy and Breastfeeding!

Options
Hi all,

I'd love to make some friends that are also pregnant and/ or breastfeeding so we can help motivate each other to make nutritious, healthful food choices every day and get the exercise we need.

I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and everything I'm going through is new to me, but I love reading and I love good advice5a447d9zad5p.jpg
. Thanks!

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Great dedication! I’m more of pre-conception nutrition over here!
  • bllaura10
    bllaura10 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I’ve had two babies and currently breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter. I didn’t mind my diet and excersise until I had my daughter and was up 30lb from pre pregnancy weight at 3 months post partum. I decided I’d had enough of feeling big and wanted to get healthy. I was cutting calories when I first started my journey and it worked to loose the lb but now that I’m close to my goal I’ve decided to eat sensibly 1800-2000 calories per day and use excersise and nursing to create my deficit. I find I actually am loosing at a faster rate with this method. I nursed my son until 10 months and hope to with my daughter as long as I can this time around. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • johnsorj
    johnsorj Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also in my 40s and a few days away from having #2. Would love to work together to help us reach our goals. I gained a ton of weight with my first (like 60 pounds). Have gained 35 this time, so happier with that, but want to be smarter about losing weight after the baby is born. I couldn't lose weight to save my life after the first was born (breastfeeding didn't drop pounds from me, no matter what I did!). I weigh myself daily, so I can see how different foods influence my weight. I retain water really easily, so different foods -- sugars and salt, mostly can cause me to jump a couple of pounds overnight. I'm also trying to be better about drinking enough water. Congrats on making it over halfway through your pregnancy!
  • kns1988
    kns1988 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had baby #2 two months ago and I'm working on losing 15 remaining pounds. I only gained 28 pounds with #1, but I gained 40 pounds with #2. I'm breastfeeding, so I'm hungry all the time, but I do think breastfeeding makes me drop weight (as does chasing a toddler). I'm struggling to find the energy to exercise with having a 2 year old, a 2 month old, and a full time job.
  • ElizabethGulirano
    ElizabethGulirano Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I am a mom of 2. Currently breastfeeding a 5-month old. I was 170 lbs before pregnancies. Gained total net 65 lbs, lost most of it mainly due to breastfeeding and now at 175 lbs.

Having a hard time to sticking to a diet and finding time to exercise.

Need accountability friends and motivation.

Please feel free to add me.
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    23 weeks pregnant here, im sure we are struggling with a lot of the same issues. Ive been so bad at eating healthy, from the 6 week mark until the beginning of February I was throwing up constantly not gaining and then it all has hit me! I have been eating what ever my body will allow to go down and so far its been mostly fast food and im so concerned how much weight ill end up gaining by the end of this. Im just now starting to feel a bit more like myself and am trying hard to focus on eating better and moving more!