Anyone struggling? Or have setbacks?

It’s ok to struggle or have set back we all go threw it what are you all struggled?

Replies

• keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    @RelCanonical yess everyone goes threw it but we got this!
  • keonwlsn
    @imslinky yess family and friends are biggest support you have to let them kno I have a goal please don’t bring me food!!
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Body image issues. Trying not to let it derail me.

Well you look beautiful hunny......don't let anyone tell you any different! 😊👄👍💗🌞
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    imslinky wrote: »
    As bad as it sounds, friends and family buying/making me food can really throw off my whole diet. I don’t have the guts to refuse them because they’re just trying to do something nice.

Never feel bad for sticking to your plans on being healthy. Let them know you appreciate the gesture but you are working on improving your health and need to stay on track. Ask for them to support you. Maybe spend time going for walk or something active instead of based on food.

• teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    As bad as it sounds, friends and family buying/making me food can really throw off my whole diet. I don’t have the guts to refuse them because they’re just trying to do something nice.

I'm sure they would understand if you told them........After all if you were diabetic they wouldn't force sugary stuff on you would they? Having said that, you can't go through life avoiding goodies......We have to learn to fit them in occasionally but that comes after you've got your own rhythm going.......just sayin' 😊
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    No one has succeeded at anything worthwhile without struggles and setbacks. It is 100% expected to have struggles and setbacks in anything you undertake in life.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    bpotts44 wrote: »
    No one has succeeded at anything worthwhile without struggles and setbacks. It is 100% expected to have struggles and setbacks in anything you undertake in life.

Truth! The most successful people have failed the most. The difference is they dust themselves off and keep moving forward. Learning from their missteps and eventually achieving their goals! Sometimes goals change and that's ok too!
  • imslinky
    imslinky Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. I’m definitely going to make some changes and stand my ground.

I know it tends to happen on the weekends so I can forewarn them but I’ll indulge every now and again.

Thanks again for giving me this push in the right direction! <3
    Je55ica_79 wrote: »

Never feel bad for sticking to your plans on being healthy. Let them know you appreciate the gesture but you are working on improving your health and need to stay on track. Ask for them to support you. Maybe spend time going for walk or something active instead of based on food.

I'm sure they would understand if you told them........After all if you were diabetic they wouldn't force sugary stuff on you would they? Having said that, you can't go through life avoiding goodies......We have to learn to fit them in occasionally but that comes after you've got your own rhythm going.......just sayin' 😊

• MaggyMaizy
    MaggyMaizy Posts: 7 Member
    I am a stress-eater. Too much stress and I'm shoving comfort food into my mouth. I can have five perfect days and then POOF - gone in a flash. It drives me crazy! Mornings are great, but as the day progresses and life happens, I lose it. But, I keep trying, and that's what matters most!

• keonwlsn
    Everyone is so encouraging that’s why I started this post you are not alone!
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    I emotionally eat, when I’m happy, sad or stressed. Recently gained 11lbs but I know I will lose it if I stay strong. I’m just glad I’ve caught it early before before it spiralled out of control too much
  • Miss_j01
    Miss_j01 Posts: 3 Member
    Struggling with the mental process of staying focused. Today I officially boxed up my “thin” clothes because they take up too much closet space. Hopefully I can lose 20 pounds to fit back into them.
  • keonwlsn
    @twdlove89 yes it is ok stay focused and don’t give up! Get back on that horse
  • keonwlsn
    @Miss_j01 yes 20 pounds you got this!!! Soon enough you will be taking those clothes back down.