Good recipe books

Options
indpls2002
indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
Hey there :)

Can you guys tell me what some good recipe books are? I need one that will help with every meal of the day and snacks! I have no idea how to even begin eating healthy, so something like this for planning would do me wonders!

Replies

• muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Try this site:
    skinnytaste.com
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just re-discovered a cookbook that was hidden away in my cupboard.....Better Homes and Gardens Slow Cooker Favorites made Healthy.

We recently started looking for crockpot recipes as we (my husband and I) are very busy, and rarely have enough time to cook when we get home from work. Using the crockpot, I toss stuff in before I leave for work, turn it on low...and viola....dinner is ready when we get home!

This book has appetizers, main dishes....and even desserts!!

P.S. I also agree with the previous poster.....skinnytaste.com is VERY GOOD!!!!
  • indpls2002
    Options
    Try this site:
    skinnytaste.com

Thank you! I will def look into this.
  • indpls2002
    Options
    I just re-discovered a cookbook that was hidden away in my cupboard.....Better Homes and Gardens Slow Cooker Favorites made Healthy.

We recently started looking for crockpot recipes as we (my husband and I) are very busy, and rarely have enough time to cook when we get home from work. Using the crockpot, I toss stuff in before I leave for work, turn it on low...and viola....dinner is ready when we get home!

This book has appetizers, main dishes....and even desserts!!

P.S. I also agree with the previous poster.....skinnytaste.com is VERY GOOD!!!!

I have never been someone that can knowingly leave something turned on at home that is cooking. I would drive myself insane. But I am definitely going to look at this website and see what it's all about! Thank you for your help!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com is great too!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I just got Rocco DiSpirito's newest cookbook, Now Eat This! - his stuff is all about cooking healthy in about 30 minutes per recipe. So far everything in that book is fabulous!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I really like the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. It's sorted by breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and each section is then sorted by calorie ranges. I also picked up one of the Hungry Girl cookbooks off a remainders shelf and she has some good recipes and ideas as well.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I like Ellie Krieger's The Food You Crave. A Lot of her recipes are on the Food Network site too.
  • Janelle31
    Janelle31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The Sonoma Diet Cookbook...even if you don't follow the whole diet idea, there area a lot of great recipes. I find that they are often a reminder for me about how good the simple basic foods can taste. And most of them are pretty easy to make.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Before I buy I go to the library and look at as many as I can if I really like then I buy it. Also go to different websites like www.cookinglight.com I like all kinds of cookbooks even 5 or less ingredients type cookbooks. I like super stars cookbooks and no names. Just look and see what type of cookbooks see your style of cooking.
  • idreamofjanine
    Options
    I really like all the Eating Clean books as there is some really good but healthy recipes!
  • jimmychoo2shoes
    Options
    I've started to get out of cook books and more into food blogs. I always find that when I get a cook book I only end up making a handful of the recipes and then the book is just sitting around. Of coures, I still have quite a few books and will still buy some. I also like the eat clean books. But, I would definately second the skinnytaste.com recommendation. I have just recently discovered the site and have made at least a half dozen of the recipes and all were great. My boyfriend even loved them and he hates when I make "diet" food. eatcleandiet.com also has some good recipes, in terms of clean eating but that kinda depends on your eating preferences. Not everyone's into the clean eating thing.