*kitten*'s Pasta ..... Pasta Puttanesca

Options
MOMvsFOOD
MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
This is quick enough you can make it on a weeknight, and great as a vegetarian dish or with shirmp or chicken grilled and on top. The sauce is tomato based, with garlic, olives, capers, parsley, lemon, and (DONT GAG) anchovies.... but really its delish and you would never know.

Check it out:

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/08/weeknight-pasta-puttanesca.html

The stats are great for a pasta dinner too, one moderate plate (6th of the batch) is:

STATS:
300 calories
48g carbs
9g fat
9g protein
9g fiber
976mg sodium

Replies

• Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I saw Nigella make this once. No prizes for guessing what a big deal she made out of the name :embarassed:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    Hahaha it is DELICIOUS!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    Hahaha it is DELICIOUS!
  • morenita71
    morenita71 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    love this sauce - probably my favourite pasta sauce. I use a dried red chilli and thyme rather than oregano. Used to eat it regularly before MFP but just with huge quantities of pasta!!! (my original recipe was from Rick Stein I think)
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites and the anchovies disappear and just leave a smooth flavor you`ll never know those guys are in there!Maybe have some zuchinni instead of pasta.Yummo!
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump to look at later
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    One of my favorites and the anchovies disappear and just leave a smooth flavor you`ll never know those guys are in there!Maybe have some zuchinni instead of pasta.Yummo!

I LOVE the sauce too. My family was amazed that they had just eaten anchovies and olives because we dont like either.

I also LOVE the zucchini idea, thats perfect. Or spaghetti squash
  • stefnicole
    stefnicole Posts: 106
    Options
    bumping for later!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    If you like the site, I am also slowly working on menu plans so that you can see a weeks worth of recipes with the ingredients required! Hoping to start 1 a week in October :bigsmile: