Abs!!!! How do you get em?!

Options
So I get super jelly when I see women with abs. How do they do it?! When I see a pair of washboard abs, I just want to stuff my face with pizza or chocolate. #fail

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Same as for men but more difficult for women.

Lose fat and do core exercises (not situps or crucnhes; heavy squats are better). Lose enough fat and,then you'll be able to see the ab muscles strengthen doing the,core,exercises.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    How do they do it?!

Commitment. :+1:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Adequate muscle base, lower bodyfat %, lots of discipline and dedication.
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I see a pair of washboard abs, I just want to stuff my face with pizza or chocolate. #fail

Hahaha! This is not helpful.

• eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Low bodyfat percentage
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    So I get super jelly when I see women with abs. How do they do it?! When I see a pair of washboard abs, I just want to stuff my face with pizza or chocolate. #fail

Calorie deficit
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Patience and consistency of diet and/or resistance program.

Visible abs are possible for any person even while eating pizza and chocolate.

As far as exercise it's been my experience that most people respond efficiently to heavy squats & deadlifts with ab wheel roll while having a relative lower body fat percentage.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Adequate muscle base, lower bodyfat %, lots of discipline and dedication.
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Patience and consistency of diet and/or resistance program.

Visible abs are possible for any person even while eating pizza and chocolate.

As far as exercise it's been my experience that most people respond efficiently to heavy squats & deadlifts with ab wheel roll while having a relative lower body fat percentage.

+ 1

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    key ingredients: fatloss/kcal deficit, time, persistence, consistency, patience, & sometimes genetics
    Needless to say, it's a lot more complicated than baking a cake
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    You have abs but you may be hiding yours.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    Super low body fat percentage
  • StormToday
    StormToday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Kill yourself and hate your life haha

Abs start in the kitchen and they're one of the hardest things to maintain.

You need to drop down enough body fat%
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ...I just want to stuff my face with pizza or chocolate...

That's not how you get washboard abs...just sayin'... ;)

ETA: I don't have washboard abs, but I actually don't really care about that. I have nicely defined obliques, and flat, firm, nicely contoured abs, but not a full-on six-pack. I don't really even aspire to washboard abs, but I'm pretty sure that it's the sort of thing you achieve with a significant reduction in body fat, or photo shop. :D I'm already about 23% body fat, and I like the way I look. I'd have to drop a few more to get the hard-core abs. I think I'll pass... B)