Loving spin class

Options
did my first spin class this morning, really intimidated walked in then right back out lol so I walked back in asked someone how to set my bike up. I did the whole class, just kept pushing myself. I am definitely in love! Wo else loves spin and does it give good results

Replies

• BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am a spin fan also. I have been spinning for almost a year now. If you find you are going to stick with it for the long haul, I would recommend getting spin shoes. They will may your workout more effective. For now just focus on your form and breathing.
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Wonderful that you walked back in to the class. My first class I thought I was going to die because I was trying to keep up with the instructor. I soon learned to push myself at my level until I got more comfortable. I have been going for about a year and a half three days a week. I love it. I also purchased shoes which I think are worth the investment.

:smile: Spin Girl Spin and enjoy:smile: !!!!
  • engrider18
    Options
    I had great success doing spin classes years ago and I'm trying to get back into it again. I just decided one day to try the class and walked in too. If you find a great instructor it makes a world of difference! I also suggest getting a pair of spinning shoes. They are worth the price and also get a good seat cushion. You'll be much happier lol
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been doing spin class for about 4 months .... but unfortunatly my instructor breaks for the summer months.,. CANT WAIT TO TO START AGAIN SOON I HOPE........ and CUDOS to you for walking back into class.. It is a brutal class... but its all worth it at the end cause you feel like that was an amazing workout out and you have all this energy!!! Once you get that hang of it tell yourself to push a little harder butyou really have to listen to your body and do your own pace... and you will get there....
    Stick to it.... its a GREAT workout.......

I still push myself to get to that class... cause I know what kind of workout I will get ...... But its one of the best workouts in my exercise program.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    I just started about 2 months ago... on my 3rd pair of spin shoes coming UPS Thur...hope 3rd time's a charm...hard time finding comfortable shoes.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    The spin shoes Are just thicker soles right? Yea I'm goin back tomorrow, wasn't really sore like I expected which means I cAn kick it up a notch lol I did all the standing up stuff, etc but sometimes I didn't increase as much as the instructor said in fear I would be super sore and not go back lol
  • naomi6891
    naomi6891 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It was my first spin today too! I was nervous and everyone I have spoken too says its mega hard (so I wanted the challenge) but in the class I went to its easy to tailor it to your own level. I had a great time and will def try to make it a regular thing! :-)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    i have been spinning for over 12 years I LOVE IT,,,,its a great workout.....if you are going to be spinning regularly i suggest the spinning shoes....good luck
  • engrider18
    Options
    The spin shoes Are just thicker soles right? Yea I'm goin back tomorrow, wasn't really sore like I expected which means I cAn kick it up a notch lol I did all the standing up stuff, etc but sometimes I didn't increase as much as the instructor said in fear I would be super sore and not go back lol

The spin shoes have special clips on the bottom that attach to your pedals. It takes a little bit of practice to get them in and out of the clips so the first time you use them I'd go in a bit earlier than normal. The soles of the shoes are much stiffer than normal shoes. I wear normal shoes into class and then change next to my bike since they are not made for walking around. I found that I like my 2nd pair better since they ave treads and are made for trails verse the smooth soled road shoes since I would occasionally need to walk in them in the room.