Not that much to lose

Options
I am looking for some new friends on here who don't have loads to lose but want to shed a few pounds and tone up, and basically keep on the straight and narrow!

I have about half a stone to lose to get to my ideal weight but because I don't have a load to lose I have a number of absolute blow-out days a week which means I am just staying consistent with my weight and no longerr losing (in fact I put on a bit of weight recently!) I'm really good Monday to Thursday then find the weekends really difficult, and have no willpower when eating out (for example yesterday I went out for dinner and I reckon my total calories would be waaay over 2,000!

I love MFP and realise the benefit of motivation from friends so any requests would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just log on and get all the support you need.
  • Splasheh
    Splasheh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have about 15lb to lose so I'll add you haha :)
  • m2purple
    m2purple Posts: 38
    Options
    I know how you feel! I have about 10 pounds, and those 10 have been the most stubborn! I try to be sooo good during the week, and at the weekends blow all the hard work. :sad: Feel free to add me if you want
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm within 'acceptable' weight for my height now, and don't really know what my final 'goal' is but obviously not much lighter so will add you too!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I had 'my own diet' and lost a considerable amount of weight but was having difficulty with the last 10. Also similar, the weekends were/are my bane. Keeping very close track on weekends has been working. I've ditched 'unflavourful calories' such as bread products until I get to where I want to be. All the best and God bless.
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am about at the exact same weight as you and have the same end goal weight. I was down to 120lbs but gained 8 back over the summer so now I'm back at it. I seem to get stuck at 120-that;s when I his a plateau, however I am determined to get there and get toned as well. I will be 40 next year so I will look good. LOL Good luck.:wink:
  • ieuanfw
    ieuanfw Posts: 19
    Options
    HI, I'm Ieuan and like you only have a few pounds to lose [+/-] 20 or so. I find this program very complete and think it will help me keep on track. Weekends are difficult for everyone I'm sure. We have a potluck after church almost every Sunday and the foods people bring are impossible to resist. I'm just going to take {much-much} smaller portions so I can at least tell people how good their dish was.
    Good luck to all
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i am the same want to loose an dton eup - ideally would like top loose 10lbs - and im not shifting it even tho i have increased my exercise - i end up eating toomuch fri-sun!!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some new friends on here who don't have loads to lose but want to shed a few pounds and tone up, and basically keep on the straight and narrow!

I have about half a stone to lose to get to my ideal weight but because I don't have a load to lose I have a number of absolute blow-out days a week which means I am just staying consistent with my weight and no longerr losing (in fact I put on a bit of weight recently!) I'm really good Monday to Thursday then find the weekends really difficult, and have no willpower when eating out (for example yesterday I went out for dinner and I reckon my total calories would be waaay over 2,000!

I love MFP and realise the benefit of motivation from friends so any requests would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

We're already friends so I can't add you again!

I did take a sneaky peak at your diary though.

Have youmanually set up your daily calorie allowance? If so please change it back.

I think you are eating too little and that may be why you are seeing a gain?

(that and the falling a bit flat at the weekends - which can be addressed with a bit of willpower. You cans till have a meal out or a few drinks without blowing the whole weekend :smile: )

Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs a week, but go with MFP calories.

It takes a bit longer BUT at least you know you are eating enough!
  • sophs87
    sophs87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

We're already friends so I can't add you again!

I did take a sneaky peak at your diary though.

Have youmanually set up your daily calorie allowance? If so please change it back.

I think you are eating too little and that may be why you are seeing a gain?

(that and the falling a bit flat at the weekends - which can be addressed with a bit of willpower. You cans till have a meal out or a few drinks without blowing the whole weekend :smile: )

Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs a week, but go with MFP calories.

It takes a bit longer BUT at least you know you are eating enough!

Thanks so much for your advice! Yeah I might bump it up again as I changed it when I wasnt seeing results - I know about starvation mode and stuff but I just figured maybe my metabolism was different.

Thanks so much everyone for all your adds and comments!! x
  • jbrod19
    jbrod19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ughhh i have the same problem! i do sooo well and then i go out to eat or go to a bar at night and have absolutely nooo willpower! i mean who can say no to another drink....... ummm haha

anyway i have about 15 to lose so i'll add ya! :)
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You sound like me!! I have multiple days of over eating per week. I want to lose about 8lbs!
  • ieuanfw
    Options
    Had an eye opener yesterday. I love a soup made by Bear Creek, so I made a package and without checking the label I ate a fairly large bowl think soup is good. When I went to log it into this program I found one cup had 960 grams of Sodium and vertually no food value.
    From now on before I buy anything the label comes first. But, mainly, I've decided just to prepare my own foods from fresh and no more packaged foods. I sure don't need that kind of Salt in my diet.
  • ieuanfw
    Options
    Way too go - keep up the good work.