Naaaw... that cant happen to me.....

Options
So I am on my 123rd day of MFP and I have lost 45lbs since April... The Fat has been sliding off, and the workouts have increased in intensity.

I Started with walking, then walking uphill, then walking uphill while carrying weights, then walking/jogging, now I am running 5k's in 30 minutes.... Also when I started I could not even think of doing a push up or a pull up.... I can now accomplish both....

I Started at 2100 calories per day, I am now down to 1830.... Since the drop from 1900 to 1830 I have been eating back my workout calories much more....

I have weighed myself twice since August 10, and the scale has not moved. I have been hovering between 268-270 for two weeks.

I have read about people hitting a plateau, but I NEVER THOUGHT IT COULD HAPPEN TO ME.... I always attributed the plateau to WEAKNESS.... either you were sneaking food and not logging it, or not hitting the gym hard enough...

Well here I am asking advice from people that have experienced this before.... If you are going to comment and give advice, I recommend reviewing the last 2-3 weeks of journal entries... Thanks

*PS* Please keep in mind that I travel for a living in and out of airports and I am forced to pack 4-6 days worth of food in a lunch box. I do not always have access to refrideration, so I have to be creative in what I carry with me..... To control my sodium intake is extremely difficult when you are limited to what will not spoil after a couple days with no refrideration...

Replies

• jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Try changing your exercise routine? Also, you could eat more cals for a day or 2 to trick your body into getting jump started =] I use to do that.. I didnt have a cheat day each week.. I had one once a month. I would have a day where I wouldnt worry about what I ate and the next week I would weight myself and have a major loss! Everyones body is different so maybe it was just me?! IDK! I hit a plateau though and the cheat days helped and I changed up my workouts...
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Most people hit a plateau at some time or another. I hit one about 10 lbs ago. I was eating the same thing, exercising daily and the scale didn't budge for 12 days. It was very frustrating. But, low and behold one day I notices a 4 lb loss and it has been continuing to decline since. I know I will hit another one along the way. The best advice I have for you is to continue doing your daily fitness routine and continue to watch you calorie intake and you will work though it.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I concur with both folks above me = (i) eat more for a day or three and then back at it, and (ii) stick with it and the weight will continue to fall off. I read of one fellow who stalled for 4 months and then eventually lost over 100 lbs. I read of another women who stalled for 2 months, kept at it, and lost 15 lbs the 3rd month. If you are eager to break out of this, I'd try changing your exercise routine entirely. Start swimming in the hotel pools (no running). Take your next weekend and do something entirely differen. Go horseback riding, play golf, rent a paddle boat. Change up your exercise routine (and the foods you eat, or the time of day that you eat, or the calories that you eat). Many folks have found zig-zag calories to work = you eat the same number of calories per week, but have high and low days.

YOU GOT THIS. You're a weight loss machine!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I vote you eat ALL your workout calories AND maybe up your calorie level. Eat more to lose more!
  • andy_gilfrin
    Options
    Looking at your diary it seems you are eating at or above (in some cases way above) your sodium level. High sodium intake can result in your body storing excess water to avoid dehydration.

See if you can cut down your sodium intake.
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    Having suffered through two major plateaus, I've decided that at 48 years of age it's time for me to start building some muscle. I've been burning 700-1000 calories doing cardio and the pounds are very slow to lose. I saw a Dr. Oz show that had cadaver muscle from 3 different stages of life and the 60 yr old specimen was half the size of the 30 something one. That nailed home what I've heard all along about losing muscle after 40 and weight gain. So, maybe you should consider mixing in some weight lifting.

Hang in there, you'll break through this.
  • propjetprop
    propjetprop Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Dropped 1.5 lbs since I posted this.. I might have been retaining water since my sodium intake has been so high lately...

On that note... Anyone have any suggestions of meals to take on the road.... The lunch box in my signature is what a carry... this is what is usually in it:

Seeds of Change or Uncle Bens precooked rice/quinoa
    Apples
    Oranges
    Black beans from a can
    Canned chicken or from pouch
    Starkist tuna Creations
    Pistacios
    Uncle Sam Cereal
    Quaker walnut date rasin instant oatmeal
    Laughing cow baby bell cheese circles
    Deli Flat 100 calorie bread
    Pure Protein bars
    Premier Protein Shake (costco)
    Carrots or Celery and Peanut Butter

I have been experimenting with: Dolmas (canned stuffed grape leaves)

I have a small Ice pack that I can keep refilling with Ice and that is the extent of my refridaration capabilites..

Any suggestions?