Smoothies!

Any good smoothie ideas??

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Avocado is my favorite ingredient.

One favorite: zucchini, spinach, half an avocado, strawberries, rhubarb, homemade cashew milk (includes all the cashews), and greek yogurt, plus water to taste. Makes a ton.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited March 2019
    I add 6oz pumpkin purée with 1cup almond milk, 1 large banana, and 1 tsp cinnamon.

Edit: I freeze the pumpkin (flat) and the banana for a thick smoothie.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Lots of smoothie recipes in this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10728122/looking-for-smoothie-friends

I've added the gingerbread one to my rotation and was thinking about the creamsicle one as well, but my OH finished the OJ before I got to it and it is not something I buy regularly.
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    I have:
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries
    5-6 frozen cherries
    2 tablespoons Hemp Hearts
    1/2 banana
    Handful of spinach
    Sprinkle of cinnamon
    1/2 cup milk or Plain Greek yogurt
    1 cup of water

I love it and I’ve finally perfected a smoothie that fits in my bottle! Lol

I used to sometimes add-
    1/2 apple
    A beet (Costco sells in shrink wrap)
    Other greens
    Carrots
    A couple of dates
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    320 calories for the one I posted above
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    In my house we like 'em really plain, usually. To make two, I blend 2 bananas (frozen chunks), 16 oz. unsweetened original almond milk, 2 tbsp. hemp protein powder and a little bit of vanilla. Sometimes I add baking cocoa (about 1 tbsp.) and/or whipped topping to make it chocolaty and/or creamier.
    Today I added frozen strawberries which was really good too. I am not much for green smoothies/juices with veggies in them, personally. I would definitely try an avocado smoothie though! I love the ones at a boba tea place and never thought to do that at home 'til this thread.
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Kale ,fresh ginger,banana,chia seeds,vanilla protein powder is really good with almond milk, sometimes I add berries too.
  • chrissilva2625
    chrissilva2625 Posts: 10 Member
    - 1 cup mixed blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
    - 1/2 avocado
    - 1 cup almond milk
    - 1 scoop of TB12 plant based protein
  • redlance68
    redlance68 Posts: 1 Member
    My go to is a mix of frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, a banana and milk. You can substitute the milk with almond milk.

My other suggestion, to help with the routine of making smoothies is to blend in the container you are drinking from. For me when I used the large glass carafe that came with the blender, I found the daily cleaning to be tedious. If you can handle it great, but I found I will blend smoothies more often when clean up is easy.

My blender is an older model Oster brand. The blade and round blade holder screw base, fit perfectly on a quart size mason jar. So I blend my smoothies right in a jar. I rinse the blade after blending and that is all the cleaning I do.

You might also check the frozen fruit section at your local market too. Many stores offer premixed blends of smoothie mixes.
  • bjdw_1977
    bjdw_1977 Posts: 442 Member
    3/4c All Bran (breakfast cereal), 200ml full cream milk, 150ml unsweetened acidophilus yoghurt, 1/2c frozen blueberries, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder.

It's an entire meal in a cup.
  • anthocyanina
    anthocyanina Posts: 86 Member
    I did a meal in a cup smoothie this morning. Super convenient, delicious, and filling: frozen mango, & pineapple, a couple dates, spinach, rolled oats, ground flax seed, adzuki beans, and soy milk.

*Adzuki beans are the small red beans often found in Asian desserts. I've also used them in overnight oats.