Keto Buddies

Options
Just started Keto 2wks ago. Looking for Keto buddies...

Replies

• naoma_s
    naoma_s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I’ve just started 2 days ago and have to admit I’m craving carbs soooo much. How are you getting on?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,667 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me .... :) would love to be a cheerleader for you :)
  • jaxon141216
    jaxon141216 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ya, just starting keto today and getting to grips with this app! I'm so confused on how to work out my net carbs ect and what they should be!
  • Monshayen
    Monshayen Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    As crazy as it sounds I use Carb Manager and MFP as MFP does not just give you your net carbs. However, if you scroll down and click on Nutrition (should be right above the Complete Diary option) you can see how many total carbs and then fiber and just deduct yourself.
  • SameMeLessFat
    SameMeLessFat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just finished my third week of Keto. I’m over the carb cravings so it certainly gets easier.
  • tonibeavers
    tonibeavers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, I have been on the keto diet just over 2 weeks. I would love any help I can get. please feel free to add me. I am not having problems with cravings, but i have only lost 9 lbs. I was hoping it would come off faster.
  • kkbogats
    kkbogats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Interested in doing the Keto diet. How do you use the MFP app and do Keto? Are you talking through MFP?
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone - have been involved with KETO (and additional things) since July of 2018 and have lost just over 100lbs. Always looking for others doing KETO - always something to learn from each other and support.

No way I could have gotten to where I am without MFP. HIGHLY encourage to look through the message boards with regard to KETO, some great info. Also do your own research outside of MFP.

To be successful (in my humble opinion) you need accurate information on food and fitness that is the technical side. BUT you also need a good source of support either through the message boards to see what is possible and/or through direct interactions with other MFP users that are going through some of the same things you are.

Recommend you look at the low carb group as well - good information in that forum.

Keep working hard.

o8g6soxe9b49.jpg
  • bvbblegvms
    bvbblegvms Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My coworker kept talking about how much she is losing on keto so I thought I'd give it a try. Been doing it for about a week now and I must say that I feel like I'm sleeping better and have more energy already ready. Week 2 here I come!
  • tiffanyevans05
    tiffanyevans05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started keto last Saturday so I'm officially done with my first week. Energy is good. Cravings are better. But it's so tough when you're surrounded by people eating carbs all day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,667 Member
    Options
    If you look at my food journal I have net carbs and pie charts..... You can download the script called Greasemonkey and then your diary will do the net carb thing like mine :)