Can't lose belly fat

Options
Hi. Hoping some people here could help me understand why i can't lose cms from my stomach. I'm 47, 5 ft 1 in height & weigh about 62.5 ( can vary a bit from day to day) I go to gym 2-3 times a week & I eat pretty healthy so I'm at a loss to why I can't lose any cms from my belly. I have been attending boot-camp 2 mornings a week for the past 8 weeks & I haven't even lost a 1cm in 8 weeks. I have lost a bit from my arms, legs etc. I would've thought in 8 weeks something would've happened stomach wise. Any suggestions or ideas would be really appreciated. Maybe I'm not being patient enough. Thanks

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    What Mike said above.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost around 6stone but still have a belly. All the loose skin does not help as it makes me still feel fat, especially when i bloat and i bloat BIG TIME. I’m slowly coming to the realisation that I will never have a flat toned stomach or abs but I’m healthy and that’s what matters xx
  • Rumandpepsi
    Rumandpepsi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Stay the course and be patient a bit longer :). As an example, I’m 5’2” and finally noticed a difference in my stomach when I got to 130- that last 5 pounds lost made all the difference.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Belly for me is always the hardest to lose. Several years ago, I lost 60 lbs and that was the worst to get rid of, but I also have five children, including twins with a C-section so that's a little more difficult. Just keep at it!
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eating "pretty healthy", might be part of the issue. Do you weigh your food with a scale? It's easy to overeat even when eating healthy.

Other than that patience might be key. My rear/thigh hold on to weight more than my upper half, which is just as frustrating as belly over staying it's welcome.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Luckily I just posted this on another thread so it was still copied. :D

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Edit - Bone and muscle mass are of course going to vary from person to person, but fyi - I have to be around 47kg to have a relatively flat stomach and I'm the same height.
  • kelzagran
    kelzagran Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks All for your comments. Its not about getting a flat belly, I really dont think that will happen. Its more the frustration of not losing any cms at all since January even though I have been doing all the right things. In the past when I have done what Im doing now I have lost cms all over including my stomach but this time not a cm. Oh well maybe in the next few months, a bit more hard work & a bit of patience it may change. Thanks again :)