Turning 50

Options
Hi All
My name is Ana & I'm a happy outgoing single mom.
I'm turning 50 in May & am hoping to lose 15-20 ps before the big day & could use some tips & encouragement.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    50 is the new 30!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Tips: Have a reasonable deficit (it's only 7 weeks to May 1). Eat for nutrition, not just fewest calories. Incorporate some strength training, as maintaining muscle mass as much as possible is a high priority for women who have achieved the half-century mark. And have fun on your birthday!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    You goal is a little lofty! Certainly do-able but not in 7 weeks. Might as well get started and you will look and feel better by your birthday, but might not be at the weight you wanted.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    You goal is a little lofty! Certainly do-able but not in 7 weeks. Might as well get started and you will look and feel better by your birthday, but might not be at the weight you wanted.

It could be that her birthday is toward the end of May. Still. :)
  • michellenaujoks8
    michellenaujoks8 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hey Ana! I'm turning 50 in August and want to look and feel my best when I get there! I've lost 7 LBS so far and maybe 15/20 to go. I love MFP! Best of luck to you! You're certainly in the right place for motivation and support!
  • louisebrandrick
    louisebrandrick Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m the big 50 next year in November.Ive just started the couch to 5k struggled with weight for years .I did the first 5k other week took me 45 mins .Good luck everyone on your journeys.x
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    With 20 to lose, set a goal in MFP for 1 lb per week, til you get to 10 lbs, then 0.5 per week.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @annie08005, turning a life page and entering a new decade of life, for me was preceded with anticipatory enthusiasm but at some older point in our lives, we realize in perspective how it was just another day. Enjoy your soon-to-be quinquagenarian decade of life as I'm enjoying my sexagenarian decade. Also, enjoy your youth.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck!

Check out this post, it's helped a lot of people get started on the right foot:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1