Surgical menopause mayhem

Options
I created a private group for ladies looking for support. I am new to the menopause life and have much to learn myself! Tips, tricks, and success stories all welcome! Learning to eat healthier is one of my main goals, along with fitness and emotional harmony! I hope you will join me! Surgical menopause mayhem!

Replies

• melitta155
    melitta155 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Is this group still active? Surgical menopause last year and really struggling...
  • Doodlepoodlemfp
    Doodlepoodlemfp Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Me too. I’m 36 with 2 young children. Had a surgical menopause induced in December 18 following total hysterectomy for a borderline ovarian tumour. And I just had further surgery 5 days ago to remove my appendix and omentum as part of the pelvic clearance. I’m currently laid up with a huge midline inscision feeling very bruised and sorry for myself but determined not to put on weight.
    I have lost 1 stone 6 pounds since January 1st. Taking in a average calories of 1400 and running 3- 4 times a week. ( I’m 5ft 2). I have not eaten back exercise calories as such. But have had a higher cheat day every other Saturday.
    I have not been taking HRT for most this time, Although my consultant has now started me on estriol tablets 2mgs as of 3 days ago. Not sure how this will effect my weight. Bit nervous 😟
    Between November 7th and January 1st I managed to gain nearly 12 pounds in weight from being just sat recuperating after surgery. I’m determined this won’t happen again.