What did you buy that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Way better shoes for walking and running and clothes that fit as I lost to reward/motivate me.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Weights for weightlifting, seltzer water (flavored and plain) in place of soda, no ice cream but plenty of fruits and veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner but also for snacking. A really good pair of shoes (or two). Good luck on your journey!
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good shoes, good tea and coffee, pure sucralose that you can make into a dropper for your sweetener needs (Amazon- it ends up being dramatically cheaper than real sugar), an instapot and other decent kitchen equipment (because frankly you're not going to eat out as much unless its a treat), a gym membership, and the biggest one is buying yourself enough free time to actually work at this. You gotta put the time in, it's not effortless.

Good luck!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    a food scale, and a weight scale the uploads directly to my phone with bluetooth so i don't have to plug it in
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Food scale and a measuring cup. It is the only way for me to accurately get my proportions right.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Totally corny, but the best weight loss investment I personally made (other than gym membership) was a Wii Fit. I LOVE it. It's so much fun, a great workout that doesn't feel like a workout, you can involve the kids/family, and it tracks your weight and can be a great tool for accountability.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Bodyfat percentage scale, digital food scale, fitness tracking equipment, fitness equipment and activities that you really enjoy.
  • kitkat_42
    kitkat_42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Food scale, bathroom scale, and a roll of dollar store measuring tape. Because for the weeks when you don’t lose, seeing the difference in inches gone can be a great relief and source of motivation. I’m week 3 in my journey- and even though I didn’t lose any weight (I gained) this past week, I lost about 2” total off of hips and waist combined 💪😁👍
  • Viddo82
    Viddo82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A pushbike!
  • RachelM2130
    RachelM2130 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I got a Fitbit last year. I lost a stone, the constant notifications motivate me to get up and walk. I put my headphones on listen to some music and walk.
    Good luck with your journey
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Best “Me” Investments:

Food scale
    Bluetooth Bathroom scale
    Nutribullet, with extra Cup and Blade
    Nut Milk bag
    Monthly subscription to Wild Soil Almonds (half the price of While Foods’ almonds)
    Extra Tablespoons (half dozen) can just leave in frequently used containers & so there’s always clean ones in the drawer
    Dehydrator for homemade beef jerky
    Gym membership with staff RD dietician I’ve visited several times
    Barbell Gym Membership and sessions with the most inspiring trainer, possibly ever in the history of excercise, 2x a week
    Yoga/Pilates studio membership (can you tell I’m unmotivated if left to my own devices?)
    Good walking shoes
    Two great quality yoga mats (so one can air out while the other is in use, love the Gaiam Dry Sol Extra long mats!)
    “Rat Pad” for knees and head during yin classes
    Apple Watch
    Wood flooring extended up one wall in the spare room, so I can put hands and feet all over it while stretching or doing yoga
    Foot massages every couple of weeks ($30 an hour? I used to spend more than that on chocolate)
    And lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of bananas. Enough that cashiers ask perky questions.

What I don’t spend money on:

Workout clothes: Cheapest possible and wear them til even the dog won’t come near. Talking $10 leggings here.
    Protein Bars and Powders : Tastier and cheaper to just eat more chicken. But we live in chicken country, where it’s dirt cheap.
    Parking: $5 a pop. So I walk the mile to my classes and gyms
    Mats : my Gaiam Dry Sols last forever, and discovered I can throw them in the washing machine when they get stinky and air dry them since I rotate mats
    Expensive mats: never again. Tried one of the trendy mats last year. Gifted it to my daughter after two uses. The Dry Sol are 1/3-1/2 the cost and way more grippy and comfortable.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Gym membership, decent wireless headphones , excercise bra and leggings, good kitchen scale, blender cups, and kitchen gadgets. It's a lot easier and more fun to work out or cook with good tools, lol.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Food Scale and my FitBit (so I can track my daily burn better) I have had the food scale for a while - love it! But lately knowing what my exercise is doing to be more accurately logged has really helped too!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a ton of weight. I have lost inches though. The best things I bought other than a scale was a good pair of running shoes and a yoga mat. I got professionally fitted at a running store. It made me more comfortable to walk and eventually to run. Running has helped me build my cardio endurance. Yoga helped me restore my balance and flexibility. Oh, and my gym membership but that came last after I had started to make progress.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    1. Good shoes (I like Nike Free) - I call this my gym membership (I just walk)
    2. Fitbit with HR capability (Charge 3 right now) - again for the walking, have a desk job and need to move more
    3. Food scale
    4. Nice lunch containers/lunch box (used to always go out for lunch)

Bonus: Renpho smart scale -syncs my weight to Fitbit which in turn ends up in myfitnesspal automatically. No typing in weight daily!
    Also bonus: a couple cookbooks! One of my favorites right now is "Just Add Sauce" by America's Test Kitchen, because I can use sauces to make low-cal but filling food like chicken/veggies/beans more interesting and varied when I meal prep.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A food scale, measuring cups, a fun container for my water, and a good pair of walking shoes. Also, nothing fancy but comfortable t-shirts and leggings, thick socks for walking. Decent ear buds too! Good Luck!
  • smms0714
    smms0714 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think my Fitbit has been a huge help. I thought I was doing ok moving around each day, turns out not so much. :D
  • rubyslipperss1
    rubyslipperss1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Absolutely necessary is my digital food scale. Dragged out my Vitamix, dusted it off and put it to work. I LOVE soup but am avoiding the the canned stuff (sodium) so now I can make homemade quickly and easily!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Food and weight scales.
  • Nanoosh92
    Nanoosh92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To me there were three very important things:
    A kitchen weight scale: to help calculate the grams of food i am eating and hence keep an accurate calorie diary for what i ate.
    A body weight scale along with a measuring tape: to tract my weight and waist circumference along the way
    A gear fit: or a fitbit , any device that help accurately count the calories you've lost during a workout