Last 10-15 lbs. How did you lose it?

Options
So I have those last stubborn about 10-15lbs to come off. I had lost over 40lbs this last year with good old diet and exercise, hit my goal weight- 132. I’m 5’3 1/2. Then life happened. Gained 15 back. Now it’s been a struggle to get it back off. I’m back at the gym at 6am in the morning for at least an hour, cardio and strength. I’m tracking my food really well. Tracking my exercise. But the scale budges 2 lbs up, 2 lbs down. You guys know the scale cha-cha. Any feedback or experiences with this? I’d like to see the weight off within 3 months. Thanks.

Replies

• lunajes
    lunajes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks you for the feedback and support everyone! I appreciate it!
  • 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am going through exactly the same, hit goal weight, then put on 7lbs and now desperate to get rid of the again. I have looked reverse dieting so slowly adding calories back into my day to day routine and having to accept it is going to be a slow progress, that or i end up in an endless cycle of cutting calories down to bare minimum and over exercising, binging, then cutting which wasnt helping!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    To add to the great suggestions above, an app like Happy Scale helps with the cha-cha because it tracks trends and averages - for me, the steady .7 lb loss trend gets me through the peaks and valleys.
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I have about 15-19 left here and still losing ~1.5lb a week.

You really want to make sure you’re counting your calories properly, and use a food scale to ensure it! Update your goals on MFP as well to ensure it gives you the most accurate calorie target too (for your current weight). Exercise really does help, and drink plenty of water (not too much but enough, it helps a little with water weight fluctuations).
  • Damienriven
    Damienriven Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Lost 23 pounds in about 2 months doing IF and a small amount of calorie restriction.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have just 5-10 pounds to lose, and I’m losing like 1/4 pound a week. BUT I am losing.