Calories for the spaghetti

yifbi5qiwfy3.jpeg
I used Prego Fresh mushroom 1/2 cup = 90 calories, spaghetti noodles 2oz = 200 calories, and ground turkey 4oz=170 calories. I didn’t seem to measure it out can anyone give me an estimate?!

Replies

• selenenatalie
    selenenatalie Posts: 29 Member
    The prego sauce is 1/2 for 70 calories, my mistake
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    460. How are we supposed to know?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Enter the ingredients in the Recipe builder, determine the number of servings, and you will see the calories and macros. Enjoy!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    If that is a 10 inch plate I would guess 725. 4oz of pasta, 6oz of turkey, and the 1/2 cup of prego.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    I would say 600-700. Looks like two servings of noodles, then add the sauce and ground turkey calories. It’s better to overestimate then under.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You can weigh it cooked, just make sure you use an entry for the pasta that specifies cooked.

I use a food scale specifically because I (and most people) can't look at a plate of food and guess well, forget about a picture of a plate of food. Pasta can be particularly misleading.

This.

I offered a guess based on what I would log if I didn't have the ability to weigh it. There is nothing wrong with a guess on occasion but other than being on vacation or something similar I wouldn't want to do it too often.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You can weigh it cooked, just make sure you use an entry for the pasta that specifies cooked.

I use a food scale specifically because I (and most people) can't look at a plate of food and guess well, forget about a picture of a plate of food. Pasta can be particularly misleading.

100% agreed. Pasta servings are a lot less than you’d expect.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    My issue is that they are more than I expect. If I eyeball I make more pasta than I want (but in the bad old days I'd eat it anyway rather than throw it away). Now I weigh and am happy with the amount I get when I stick to 2 oz or sometimes less.