Time to suck it up & move

Options
mind8over0matter
mind8over0matter Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2019 in Motivation and Support
I have not been to the gym in about a month. It’s so hard to go back especially alone. I lost weight I was doing great now I’m back at square one. My work out buddy (my daughter) works late so she can come with me maybe once or twice a week & I want to go 5 days a week. Recently got out of a long term relationship which makes things even harder where I just eat & just want to sleep. I need a work out buddy. 😕💔

Replies

• helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You got this girl! Hitting the gym brings back so much confidence and I think it can also help heal the heart

My gym goals are simple:
    1) show up!
    2) do something
    3) have fun :)

It’s hard to get back into a routine, but I believe in you

You are worth it!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Going alone can have its benefits. (: I like to go alone, haha.
  • mstarks01
    mstarks01 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have not been to the gym in about a month. It’s so hard to go back especially alone.

The first step is the hardest. I bet if you can take that first step, everything else will fall into place.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,218 Member
    Options
    Consider signing up for a group class? Appointment workout, with built-in buddies. ;)
  • pharmman
    pharmman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Consider this quote for motivation as it applies to all of us "No one can go back and make a brand new start, however, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" What is past is past. Make your new ending starting today. The results will be worth the hard work. It always is!!!
  • jessdm0814
    jessdm0814 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I personally love going alone. I crank the tunes and have my me time. If you want a workout buddy, I agree with previous responses to sign up for a class. They're tons of fun and you keep each other motivated.