Who knew exercise could possibly get you arrested.......no s

Options
So this story (true story) is to good to pass up sharing.

Last night -- around 10 pm - I hadnt made it to the gym but wanted to get my exercise in for the day, after talking with my work out buddy we decided that we would go for a walk around my house - We start out walking down my street, we walk all the way to the other end and decide to turn back towards home.....this took about 15 minutes....we start walking back home after reaching the end - when we notice a car coming towards us...a completely normal event since we were walking down the street, but the lights on this car are bright and the car is going awfully slowly, it get closer and slower - we realize it is a cop car. It gets to us and stops, and thats where it began,

Cop- Where are you girls coming from
Us- we just went for a walk
Cop- Where do you live
Me- I live at the other end of this street
Cop- What is your name
Me- Corrie
Cop- What is your address
Me- 29
Cop- Someone called you in as suspicious, you're ok to go
Me- too shocked for words

Oh yes people -- apparently two girls walking down the street with water bottles in their hands is a suspicious act....... I'm going to the gym from now on!!

Replies

• 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's too funny! Sounds like one of your neighbors is a jack rabbit
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    hehhehhehhehhehe what?! that is hilarious... but creepy?
  • gemma247
    gemma247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    lmfao thats ridiculous xxx
  • xoang175ox
    Options
    LOL Awww
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That would make me mad and I would walk up and down 3 times a day. lol Don't let the grumps of the world win.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Be grateful for "neighborhood watch".....prevents crime. :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    thats crazy!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Annoying yes but isn't that better than having a real creep walking on your street and no one taking the time to report it or have it checked out? Especially if you are out at night it is nice to know the cops are around!
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What's more suspicious is that you have neighbors that have nothing better to do than stare out their window and watch what other people do! OMG! lol
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow - I got a gun pointed at me once when i worked in a store and it took the police over an hour to respond to the panic button!
    I'm slightly impressed with the speed of their response. Must be a nice neighbourhood :smile:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I agree with jenny, I'd be out there at 3 am walking - is this America or not?
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was a couple of teenagers playin a joke?
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    At least you know one of your neighbors is on the lookout and It takes less than 15 mins for the po-po to respond to suspicious person reports!
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Be grateful for "neighborhood watch".....prevents crime. :)

Yeah at least someone noticed "weird" behavior! Too bad walking down the street is weird though! LOL Way to go on going for a walk with your friend. I love quality time like that! :)
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    this has actually happened to me once, needless to say i no longer walk at night.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Now you have a great story to tell everyone. You night walkers with your bottled water weapons. LOL! :laugh:
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I love it when cops ask questions that they know they don't have justification for. So irritating.

I was in our apartment pool one time and 2 cops walked in and started asking me all kinds of questions. They had no justification... it was goofy.
    Them
    > Me
    "Why are you in here?" - Just going for a swim....
    "Do you live here?" - Yes, but is that relevant?
    "Whats your apartment number?" - Why do you want to know? Have I done something wrong?
    "Why aren't you cooperating?" - Because you have no justification to harass me...

lol.... I asked if I did anything wrong and why they were grilling me, and why they wanted to know so much.

Don't get me wrong, I am all in support of Police, and think you should cooperate when possible... but what the hell.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    cracking up over here. this is ridiculous!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I love it when cops ask questions that they know they don't have justification for. So irritating.

I was in our apartment pool one time and 2 cops walked in and started asking me all kinds of questions. They had no justification... it was goofy.
    Them
    > Me
    "Why are you in here?" - Just going for a swim....
    "Do you live here?" - Yes, but is that relevant?
    "Whats your apartment number?" - Why do you want to know? Have I done something wrong?
    "Why aren't you cooperating?" - Because you have no justification to harass me...

lol.... I asked if I did anything wrong and why they were grilling me, and why they wanted to know so much.

Don't get me wrong, I am all in support of Police, and think you should cooperate when possible... but what the hell.

cops make so much sense!! ♥ them.