You have to start somewhere........

Options
I'm thrilled that my new plan is starting to show a small result. Have lost a few pounds this first week. Baby steps. I am insulin resistance, prediabetic, have high blood pressure and love carbs! There I said it, "I LOVE carbs!!" Unfortunately that is exactly what I should avoid to beat the weight gain I've had, the loss of my waistline and always feeling low energy and bloated. I've tried fancy diets before where I buy special food packets. They were expensive and I did lose the weight but it never lasted because long term it just doesn't work. It's not sustainable. I needed a new approach. I've known about MyFitnessPal for many years now but didn't really use it as my main tool towards a new lifestyle of eating, only occasionally as a tracking for the unsustainable diets I would engage in. In essence I was yoyo dieting constantly and it cost alot of money as well and that was not sustainable either.

I finally just got disgusted with my situation and the way I felt and looked. I began to think about a new journey. A journey that would mean adopting a permanent way of eating that would hopefully keep the diabetic diagnosis away and maintain a healthier weight long term. I have begun that journey now with MyFitness Pal. I am hopefuly that this time I can do this the right way and not in a fad diet way. I need a forever way to eat that I can sustain. I am willing and I am motivated and I know what I need to do. Happy to share my results and ideas with everyone as I go. Wishing you all the best on your healthy and sustainable eating journey!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • DomorVerbeuk
    DomorVerbeuk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're making a great start! I wish you lots of luck.
  • cynthialperkins
    cynthialperkins Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Michael Pollan's way of describing a good diet: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." (Unfortunately, the "mostly plants" category includes white rice, flour and sugar, and those are what screw me up.)