Brute strength showdown

Options
2»

Replies

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    edit:Comment removed...not really on topic.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I managed to watch it and it was great! Thanks again for the link.

I like the Oly lifter and the Powerlifter the best (Mattie and Mady?) they seem to be the most down to earth my kind of people. DLB IMO has the best physique, but i'm biased and like that look. The crossfitter chick is my least favourite, but seems to be the best all-rounder so far.

As for the PEDs debate, I doubt highly that Mattie and Mady are users, but I withhold judgement on the other two. Either way, don't care if they used/used in the past/don't use. A lot of it is just conditioning anyway.

When does the next episode come out?
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Seems to be launching 1 episode/week...so like 3 more days part 4 will likely be up

I think they picked a really good line-up for the women's version (competitors are much close in builds/size,structure vs. the men's competition - powerlifter was 2X the weight of olympic lifter just made things a bit too biased)

Favorite competitor = MaDDy (powerlifter)
    Winner prediction = DLB - mainly because she is very well rounded (experience in powerlifting & crossfit, & commonly does crossover workouts...she hasn't been a competitive bodybuilder in years). I believe she is also the oldest/most experience? (Toss up with Ence - kind of baffled how well she's done despite recent injury)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    Yeah agreed at how well Ence is doing considering injury!!! And I must admit I had to laugh - no-one else had complaints about injury except for the CrossFitter LOLOLOLOLOLOL - shoulders too! OMG what a SURPRISE!!!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Part 4 is up today...watching later
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The final episode was posted yesterday. No spoilers, but it was a good show.
  • ryan_powerlifter
    ryan_powerlifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    final episode was awesome!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    That was really fun!

All 4 women are so beautifully strong, fit, and athletic: It was a joy to watch, just for that. Add that they're having *so much fun* with each other while also being *very* competitive: Good stuff.

Makes me wish I had a daughter, so I could watch it with her.

Thanks for sharing it!
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    That was fun to watch. I had never heard of Mattie Rogers until this series. Some of her lifting videos on social media are crazy. Amazing how much hard work goes into being an Olympic level athlete.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    Oh yeay! I'll watch the last episode tonight! Been an awesome series, thanks for the thread OP!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I thought it was very fun -- watched every episode.
    Ultimately, though, I thought it was kinda unfair. That is, if it was supposed to be something of a comparison between the different training disciplines.
    Mattie Forberg had clearly never hit a softball before or kicked a soccer ball or even sprinted much. So the competition didn't so much display her training and strengths as penalize her for things she had never done before.
    Those who did the best played high level sports that translated when they were kids.
    That said.
    It was cool. The men's was good too.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    I thought it was very fun -- watched every episode.
    Ultimately, though, I thought it was kinda unfair. That is, if it was supposed to be something of a comparison between the different training disciplines.
    Mattie Forberg had clearly never hit a softball before or kicked a soccer ball or even sprinted much. So the competition didn't so much display her training and strengths as penalize her for things she had never done before.
    Those who did the best played high level sports that translated when they were kids.
    That said.
    It was cool. The men's was good too.

To be fair, Mattie Rogers hadn't done too many of those things either, she had a bit more natural knack for the running though.

I don't know everyone's ages, but I got the impression that Brooke and DLB were significantly older than the other two, which just gave them more years of training. Mattie (23), Maddy (21), Brooke (29 - shares a birthday with my sister!), and DLB (38). My general impression of all they did was that Mattie and Maddy came across as much younger and less experienced at everything and even the way they interacted with the other contestants.

I really enjoyed the men's as well, they picked some good personalities for all of them.