Energy question

Options
So i am in a delima...... i am trying to figure out why i loose my energy half way through my workouts. I eat my planned meals and snacks, drink lots of water but lately i have noticed that i start out great with my workouts then after about 30-40 minutes i start to crater.

Any ideas on how to keep that energy level up. I also take vitamins throughout the day which include a multivitamin, tonalin; B-complete & a fiber pill after each meal. Now i have been contiplating on whether or not to increase my vitamin B but unsure.

I have also been on a platoe for the past several weeks as well........Any suggestions? If you want to see my meals just request to add..... :happy:

Thanks!

Replies

• Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not knowing your training schedule and your background makes it easy to pin point the possible issue but...

generally it a palteau and a lack of energy could be due to a need for a rest.

Try taking a little time off, then a little time of ligher shorter training and see if it helps.

If you are unwell or lack energy at any other time than training then it could be something else that you might want to think of.

Best of luck!
  • CarlaDye
    CarlaDye Posts: 17
    Options
    Depending on the intensity of your workouts, you might need a higher carb snack half hour to 45 mins before.

I had something similar. I was getting lightheaded and dizzy at the end of my workout. I would have to eat and drink something and sit for about 15 mins before I could get up and move around without the risk of falling down or passing out.

Now I eat high carb snack before, make sure i'm hydrated before and have no problem.
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Aww okay so maybe i can show what my training/exercise schedule looks like as well....

Sundays - boot camp (sometimes) - 60min
    Mondays - Stairmaster - 20min; treadmill - 30min
    Tuesdays - stairmaster - 20min; trainer - 30min; treadmill - 30min
    Wednesdays - bodyworks class - 60min (depending on how tired i am i will take off)
    Thursdays - boot camp - 60min
    Fridays - stairmaster - 20min; treadmill - 30min
    Saturdays - off