How do your loved ones support you?

Options
I love the support here, but family support is also important. I mentioned to my boyfriend that I was falling short on my protein and he brought me a smaller cooler of homemade beans to the gym for me to take home for dinner.
He doesn’t have a clue how powerful that small gesture meant to me.

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    The day I decided to begin a pescatarian diet my daughter decided to join me.

When I wanted to become a trail runner, my husband decided to join me.

And my little chuhuahua tries to be supportive by stealing food off of my plate. 🙂
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Keep reading this board. It will remind you how lucky you are.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    My husband frequently asks if he should avoid making a dessert or eat it all to help me :D This is said both jokingly and seriously. When planning meals for the week, he will ask if I would prefer lower calorie dinners, and when he cooks he lets me know general measurements of all the ingredients so I can build the recipe. He also almost always asks if I need to weigh something before we start portioning. His support means so much and is incredibly helpful to me!
  • jryepin93
    jryepin93 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend told me that ever since I've started to track my calories (almost a year ago whoa), he's been more mindful of what he cooks me for dinner when I go over to his house. He always is supportive when it comes to working out and my food choices. He's already in good shape and runs a 5k almost every day after work, but when I told him I wanted to run a 5k for the first time in a looooong time, he wanted to run it with me. Even though he's basically going to be power-walking next to me (since I'm so slow lol) it meant a lot to me that he wanted to do it with me. My parents have also been really supportive. Honestly, they used to make fun of me for counting calories, but I've noticed after some time had passed my mom had been consciously making better food decisions and I inspired my dad to try to adopt a healthier lifestyle as well!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My family is giving me the best kind of support that works for me. I don't do well with hands-on support, it stresses me out and makes me feel like I'm obligated to produce results for their troubles.

My family simply doesn't do anything out of the ordinary. No one walks on eggshells around me, they don't sound awkward when they ask me if I want [insert high calorie food] and don't really mind if I say no, if I say yes they don't comment, as if I'm not dieting. If I choose to maintain my weight or even gain a little, no one butts in. They make me feel like I'm free to do whatever I want whenever I want with my weight and eating, even if that means eating half a cheesecake in one day. Not having to eat in secret goes a long way towards not eating half a cheesecake in one day every day.
  • smms0714
    smms0714 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend, and my mom both will go for walks with me, and help me watch my nutrition and calorie intake. My boyfriend has been an amazing source of support for me. He's always been there to tell me I can do this, and keep me motivated.