Clean Eaters ?

Options
Are any of you Eating Clean? Friend request me, please. Also, share your favorite eat clean tips. THANKS! :smile:

Replies

• Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by clean eating? I eat an all plant based, whole food diet. I can't think of any cleaner than that!
  • jinkies54
    jinkies54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think I'm eating clean...well clean for me which means no more processed foods or very little of them....little to no carbs, low sodium, low fat etc...learning veggies and lean meats
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like my food marinated in dirt before I can even consider putting it in my mouth. I don't know about the rest of y'all.
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about organic foods? Yea everyone eating some but not complete, at least i think. Organic foods are foods that are produced using methods that do not involve modern synthetic inputs such as synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers, do not contain genetically modified organisms, and are not processed using irradiation, industrial solvents, or chemical food additives. So organic foods are clean foods. You buy them from those special stores, like Wholefoods market. Of course a lot typical stores carry organic foods those days.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I think I eat pretty dang clean compared to some, but then I use the dreaded evil chemical Splenda, so I better not friend any clean eaters right now :wink:
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have been for the last 10 weeks and have seen BIG time results. Losing over 2 lbs a week. And I feel great!
  • mea9
    Options
    Lol yeah no splenda.

Clean Eating is a food movement where you use foods that are the least processed as possible. Try to avoid GMOs, chemicals, artificial fats and sweeteners... Unless you know people it usually means a lot of cooking, chopping and shopping. It can be challenging to find real food at a fair price and it usually means going to a few different stores and it also means stocking a fridge and pantry. It sure saves money in the end though and I have never felt better.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yes, I mean all of that....Turns out I have been eating clean for awhile now, but I just picked up Tosca Reno's book The Eat Clean Diet Recharged. I've been following most of the principles, but now, I've kicked it up a notch and am eating according to her plans/guidelines. Losing a half pound a day since I started.....that's 3 pounds this week, so far. I'm thrilled after being stalled for so long.....
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think I'm eating clean...well clean for me which means no more processed foods or very little of them....little to no carbs, low sodium, low fat etc...learning veggies and lean meats

but you need carbs :o). Lots of whole grain carbs (quinoa, brown rice, sprouted-grains, whole wheat, oats, etc)! They keep you regular, well-nourished and feeling fuller longer.
  • wendybird2
    wendybird2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For recipes, I LOVE Clean Eating Magazine (they have a nice website too). I also frequent a couple of clean eating food blogs for recipe ideas like The Gracious Pantry and The Joy of Clean Eating. My staples include quinoa, greek yogurt, lots of fresh fruit and veggies, eggs, oatmeal, peanut butter, chicken, lean beef etc... We get a bag of produce, eggs and cheese every week from the local farmers co-op, and the magazine is great for getting ideas for what to do with it because it typically follows what is in season.

Last week I got a pound of potatoes, some tomatoes and a huge eggplant in my co-op bag, so I made moussaka off the magazine website. It came out great!!

I've gotten rid of most of the processed food in the house, but still have to be careful about baking--even "clean" cookies made with honey and almond butter pack a lot of calories. "Healthy", "nutritious" and "clean" don't translate to "instant weightloss" by any means (that's why I count calories!), but may mean avoiding cancer and heart disease 10 years down the line.
  • mea9
    Options
    Yeah clean isn’t necessarily low cal. I don’t even really have a problem with sugar as long as it’s real sugar preferably organic and fair trade. I find the nuts really add up too.

You sure do need carbs and there are wonderful grains out there! Lots of them. I do try to avoid wheat because it’s mostly GMO and way overused. There are many other grains and you have to switch them up to get the nutrients from all of them and avoid allergies.

BTW I make my own pet food too. There hasn’t been an ear infection in my house for years!!! We used to be at the vet several times a year with one or another of my animals. No more! My parents say the same of their dachshund. Had their blood work checked. It turned out so well the vets want to know what I’m feeding;-) Same as I’m eating. Veg, Fruit, meat and grain in very specific proportions organic when possible.
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    We eat pretty clean, with the occasional indulgence (the whole weekend, but even then we did pretty well). Feel free to friend me.

Last night's dinner was: Farro with butternut squash, pecans and feta cheese.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

but you need carbs :o). Lots of whole grain carbs (quinoa, brown rice, sprouted-grains, whole wheat, oats, etc)! They keep you regular, well-nourished and feeling fuller longer.

I don't eat those type carbs and I am just fine...veggies, fruit and good fats do the same thing....
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty clean too. Nothing in our house (except for alcohol I guess) has artificial flavors, preservatives, Etc.
    We eat organic as much as we can, it has to be 100% natural to make it to our pantry/fridge/freezer. Try to avoid GMO products and buy as much grass fed products as we can. We just stocked our freezer with grass fed beef from La cense since they were having a huge sale. I think my husband ordered 50 pounds of meat :noway:
    We also just finished planting our garden.
    We do buy some processed food but it has all natural and/or organic ingredients.
    Even my protein powder is clean. I use Dr mercola miracle whey.